Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I've really been feeling bad lately reading everyone's posts all over the place about the extreme winter weather they're experiencing. Frankly we haven't had to deal with any of that this year out here in the Pacific Northwest (knocks on wood).
 
However, Erin over at Love, Fun and Football (who I am sponsoring this month!) had the brilliant idea of highlighting some of the things that people DO like about the cold/winter. I love how this girl puts a positive spin on everything...
 
I think there are actually a lot of things to love about these cold, chilly days. For example...
 






 


Okay, maybe not that last one. But Stew does enjoy a little creativity when it comes to winter facial hair. I think it helps keep him warm since he doesn't have any on his head.
 
Honestly though, as much as I love summer, I could have gone on and on about winter. Of course we have Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we also get two holiday weekends in January and February that are perfect for ski trips, or just hibernating inside on the couch with a blanket and cup of hot cocoa.
 
But don't take it from me, pop on over to Erin's blog and check out what other people had to say about their favorite parts of winter.
 
And stay warm out there kiddos!
 
post signature

19 comments :

  1. I'm so glad that I am in AZ.. I use to live in Iowa so I don't miss the cold at ALL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of these things are foreign to me. Snow? What's that? Snowmobiling looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to go snowmobiling sometime! Also, I have never been to a hockey game- I need to get on that this winter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is NOTHING to enjoy about this weather! toronto today is -20. out in winnipeg, last night it was -50. WHAT?! what is going on with mother nature?!

    that said, i get why people love this weather, esp those who love winter sports. my snowboarding junkie friend got the biggest boner when he heard that the place he was going to for vacation was getting a major blizzard.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. snowmobiling!!! that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually pretty surprised that it has been so mild here, I think we had one light dusting of snow that last maybe thirty minutes? Love all of those things about winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of this looks like so much fun! I wish we could have snow for at least one month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so glad we don't have snow all the time here in seattle though. i think i would be super stir crazy if we did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm finding it a tad difficult to be positive about the arctic winter weather right now, but you sure did list some fun ideas! You guys are super adventurous aren't you!!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the winter weather, for all the reasons you listed (especially now that I've learned to ski), but also just for the change of pace. I think if the weather never changed I'd go a bit nutty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl I know you tried to be positive, but I still hate that snow, ha! Moving from Pennsylvania to Kentucky I thought the weather would be so much better, but NOPE! I do love scarfs, hats, and boots though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all,of those!! Especially the Canucks jerseys! Too bad they have been sucking!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bahahahahah @ the stache!!!!! So much awesome!
    I tried but I can't think of a single thing I like about winter. :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Winter is pretty great and I have been wishing for one good snowstorm -- but summer is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've had NO snow yet. It's weird. But I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I despise winter!!! I would take fall & spring all year round if I could!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this makes me wanna get all warm and cozy. it's 12 here, which is nothing for most, but for me it makes me want SNOW! this atlanta girl doesn't get to see it often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love winter too! which sucks because now I live in the stink in' desert and it's always warm lol

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!