Friday, January 31, 2014

Dear Baby Boy... 26 Weeks

Dear Baby Boy,

We sure did miss Daddy while he was at White Pass last weekend, didn't we? But I thought that snowboarding probably wasn't the safest activity for me right now, so I decided to stay home and get some projects done instead. I'm sure they had no fun without me though.

I finished taping off the Chevron stripes in your room, and now I just need to find the time to paint them. It actually wasn't too difficult or time-consuming at all, and I have a genius plan to make sure the paint doesn't bleed through the tape. I hope you like how everything turns out!

On Tuesday night Daddy and I toured the birth center where you will make your debut, and let me tell you... this place is the Taj Mahal of hospitals. Nothing but the best for you, my love!

I'm still feeling pretty great, but this afternoon I do want to talk to the doctor about some lingering tingling and numbness in my hands and feet. I also want to discuss her thoughts on cord blood banking, which I've been researching and think might be a good option for us. And I'll also complete the dreaded glucose screening... I wonder if it's really as bad as everyone makes it seem?

This week you are the size of a head of lettuce, 14 inches from head to heel, and I can definitely tell! Sometimes I swear I can feel you punching me on one side of my belly and simultaneously kicking me at the other end! I don't mind though, I love to feel your movements and to know that you are getting bigger and stronger. You weigh almost two pounds now and your ears are better developed and more sensitive than before. You can hear both my voice and Daddy's voice as we chat with each other... we'll try to keep it clean! You're inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid; good practice for when you are born and take that first gulp of air. Oh, and your testicles are beginning to descent into your scrotum... sometimes I forget that I have a little penis in there, weird!!

I have been rushing around like a crazy person, trying to prepare for your arrival while still taking care of all my other daily tasks. Sometimes I have to remind myself to continue to eat well and get plenty of rest, because that's what's most important for us right now, obviously. I ordered a book that will help us in developing our birth plan, and we're pre-registered at the hospital should you decide you want to join the world a little early. So many things to think about!

Mainly I'm just excited to meet you. I said the other day that I irrationally MISS you, even though we've never met before. I just can't wait to see you and hold you and kiss you and cuddle you. But let's hang tight just a while longer, okay?

My baby boy, you are our greatest adventure...

Love Always,

Mommy



13 comments :

  1. Eeek! Girl you are looking SO ADORABLE, I can't even stand it!! I'm glad you're feeling pretty good overall and I seriously cannot wait to see your nursery. Hurry up, I'm impatient! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!!! it's good that you're feeling good too. the 2nd tri is the best by far.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww you have such a cute baby bump. and no the glucose test isn't bad- it doesn't taste great but its not awful its just very very sweet. can't wait to see your nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.. you are turning into a sap! (it's kinda cute)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are too cute!! I totally forgot about the glucose thing, so it must not be that bad! lol.. I know you have to drink something but I can't even remember it! :) Your hospital looks amazing so if I have another child I'm going to be living in WA, haha! I cannot wait to see the nursery when you're finished! yay! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool that he can hear you and his daddy conversing with each other now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never thought about a "little penis" inside when growing a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glucose isn't that bad….I went with the orange and it tasted like an otter pop. How's the tingling? I had it in the hands during the 3rd trimester but that was carpal tunnel syndrome associated with swelling. The feet…not so sure. I hope you got your answers from the doctors though. Keep up the good work momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah you look great! I miss it when my baby bump was just this small now im just 2 weeks away from my due date and I just cant wait! Im excited to see the new painted walls! so jealous you got all those energy!

    $25 Target GC Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you miss him already!! That totally makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see how those chevron stripes turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These letters are so sweet. I can't wait to hear more about the nursery coming together.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!