Monday, January 20, 2014

Super Bowl Bound!

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Seattle...
and that's where it stopped for the San Francisco 49ers yesterday.

Victory is so, so sweet.

The Seattle Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl, baby!!

And we were there to see every epic moment of their victory.
My mind is still reeling, and I'm surprised my poor heart was able to handle the anxiety of it all.
This was honestly one of the most monumental moments of my life...
(I may or may not have peed my pants a little at one point, and there were definitely tears.)


Of course there was no place else we would have rather started the day than with our Hawkwagon Tailgater Association family.


And then, finally... finally!
The moment we had been waiting for all season... Kickoff at the most important game I have ever attended.



I'll admit we were a little worried throughout the first half. Stew was so frustrated that he wasn't even fully able to enjoy the special performace...

 
 But I never lost faith, and the Hawks began the second half with enough heart and determination to carry them all the way through to victory.

Awesome. Fantastic. Incredible. Amazing.
There aren't enough words.

This is what we've dreamed about, anticipated, deserved...
And it unfolded right before our eyes.

I knew we could do it.

SEAHAWKS WIN!!!
23 - 17
Final



I should say so much more, but I'm still at a loss for words. I'm just so thankful that we have been able to be a part of this amazing journey.
Here's to the power of the 12...

GO HAWKS!
 
post signature

14 comments :

  1. I'm still trying to get my voice back after yelling so much! Bring it on broncos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't understand my jealousy.... Why can't MY team still be in this?! Sigh... next year, next year! ;)

    But seriously- how freakin' awesome you got to be there and witness that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna root for them just because I love YOU so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Still so happy over this! I was so upset because it was one of my rare Sundays where I had to come to the theatre (where I work) and I had to leave at the start of the 4th quarter. It was an intense drive listening to it and I sat in the car up until I had to go inside- right at the two minute mark before Sherman's interception and ten minutes before the play I was filming started. Ahh again! But I have a good family who texted me updates and we all celebrated in the end :) Go Hawks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I would have just DIED! I bet that was the most intense drive ever!! Glad you were still getting updates though and didn't really miss anything. Go Hawks!!

      Delete
  5. Yayayayayay!!! That really was a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a game! Scott and I were both rooting for the Seahawks! I was getting kinda mad, too, but they sure pulled it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! so exciting and I wish I could live in Seattle and go to Seahawks games!! maybe in another life... ;) I miss ya!! Just glad I got to watch a game with you in Denver & glad I have a jersey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was such a crazy game! The refs were awful though, for both sides. And I'm so mad they didn't televised the Macklemore performance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't usually watch games at all. and i'm not really into football. it is pretty cool that they are going to the superbowl. but i knew they won when it sounded like a war zone around my house. which i have to admit was super terrifying when the fireworks started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell which I am more excited about, becoming NFC Champions or sending the Whinners packing!! What a game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so so excited!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED reading this post!! I'm a Ravens fan, and the feeling I had after the playoff games and the super bowl last year was amazing. It kind of makes me want to cry thinking about it, weird? maybe. But I have been pulling for the Seahawks since the beginning of the year. If I wasn't a die hard Baltimore girl, I would be Seahawks all the way! Go Number 12!! (Gotta love teams that love their fans!!!) BEAT MANNING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all... I literally had tears streaming down my face at the end of this game, I was so happy and overwhelmed. I can't imagine what a ball of anxiety I'm going to be for the Super Bowl. Tears will be shed again either way, I'm sure... GO HAWKS!!

      Delete

Talk to me, Goose!