Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nesting

I think my pregnancy nesting instincts have begun to set in...
 
I've been trying to get us really "settled" into our house since we first moved in, but lately my behaviors have reached another level of frantic. This past weekend I forced my mother to come up and help me paint two different rooms in just one day. Because I couldn't stand even one more second of it not being done.
 
We bought the paint on Friday night and finished up just about 24 hours later. I could barely walk or move my arms by the time it was done, but it was totally worth it.
 
 
Choosing colors was definitely the hardest part.
 
For the nursery I wanted to go with a soft, "baby" grey color, and the plan is to paint white chevron stripes on the back wall next. This room turned out great, and we got the whole thing done in just about three hours. I'll definitely post some "after" photos once I pull the whole thing together, but for now it's just an empty grey room...
 
And as you can see from the bottom left photo above, I'm going with a grey and purple theme for the master bedroom. I bought most of the accent items like pillows, curtains, and bedding quite a while back, but the walls needed to be painted before I could move forward with anything. I chose a darker grey for the walls, and then did a sort of light plum colored accent wall behind the bed for a splash of color. I love how it turned out! Once again, I'll post photos of the final product when I'm all done.
 
We already picked up a brand new king sized bed frame a while back, so this weekend I forced Stewart to enter the world (despite his post-Hawks hangover) in order to purchase a brand new mattress set. Priorities. We got a killer deal on this beauty, which will be delivered tomorrow!
 
 
It felt so amazing to get a couple of these big projects accomplished, but it also only succeeded in highlighting all the rest of the things around our house that still need to be done. You know, before life becomes so hectic that I don't even have time to shower anymore...
 
post signature

15 comments :

  1. looks great!! Is that the baby's room at top right? I like that window sill!! OMG I can't wait to see the finished project. It's the most fun thing in the world to be nesting for your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished rooms!! Just out of curiosity, where and what color grey did you choose for both rooms?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gray! I love it with white, black, purple, turquoise... I feel like it goes with EVERTYHING and looks super elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the gray with the chevron statement wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm jealous! I've wanted to do our room grey for a long time! And how perfect for the little mans room too!!
    That bed looks beautiful!!
    I can't wait to see the nursery all put together!
    How good do you feel getting those rooms done!! Awesome I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait to see the whole thing! my bosses just built a house, and there were so many decisions, that there's no way i could do it. i think just a baby's room would be overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. choosing paint always is the hardest. that was some detirmination to get things done though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the master bedroom colors! :) I'm a huge fan of anything purple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! I'm sure it feels great getting things done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to see pictures of the rooms when they are finished. You're inspiring me to get moving on my growing list of to do's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see the finished result! Also, new mattress = heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! look at you go!!!! we've been in our house for a little over 3 years and we still have so much to do

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should have told me you were buying a new bed - my husband manages a mattress firm and could have given you a great deal (probably better than you got, ha!) LOVING the master bedroom colors and can't wait to see the finishing touches on baby's nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of grey walls with a statement wall! can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!