Monday, June 2, 2014

Ryder's Nursery Reveal

I first started working on Ryder's nursery way back in January, when my mom and I painted his room grey. Then I tackled the whole chevron stripes project, which took forever but turned out great in the end. And in the meantime I was also researching and purchasing furniture, decorations, artwork and accessories to tie the whole room together. And I finally finished everything just a few weeks before Ryder's birth day.

I've gotten lots of requests to see the finished nursery, so here it is! 

Ryder's Room
























Almost every single thing in the room is significant in some way, from the clown night light that was mine when I was a baby, to the lion clock that came from our favorite little workshop in Rome, to the rocking chair from Nana and Grandpa, to the animal theme (Daddy loves animals!), to the "wishes" written for him before he was even born. And of course we had to throw in some fire trucks.

This is one of the first times I tried out my new camera that Stew got me as a push present, and you can see I was still learning with some of the settings. Hopefully I'll get better with it as time goes on.

Also, I know I've been a horrible blogger since the little nugget was born, but I promise to try and be better going forward. Most of the posts you may have seen in the past month were written in advance and pre-scheduled to go live, which is why there hasn't been much so far about our life as a family of three. But I'm getting the hang of it, and currently writing this post as Ryder hangs from me in an infant carrier... yay, multitasking!

My brain constantly whirls with all the different Live & Learn lessons I could post each week... every day we learn something new about being parents. So if there is anything in particular you'd like to know about how things are going with us, please let me know and I'll make that subject a priority!

Also I'm so sorry that I've been so absolutely horrible about replying to all your extremely kind comments over the past few weeks. I've read and appreciated each and every one, and feel so lucky that you have cared enough to follow along on our journey.

Please, stick around!

 post signature

20 comments :

  1. love it. I love the wishes the most. I could do without the clown though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he ignores the haters too! This is almost as perfect as he is.. just how I imagined. When I get knocked up, you're hired for decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out amazing!! I love all the meaningful items throughout the room. That means more than anything anyone else could have purchased for him. Ryder is a lucky little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Your nursery is super cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seahawk colors... DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His nursery turned out too cute! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nursery!! It turned out perfect!! Glad things are going well with the little man!! He is too cute!!! Welcome back Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I have a bunch of wishes for Ellie too. I love your idea of displaying them!! Great space and I love how everything is so meaningful. You're doing great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nursery turned out beautiful!! I love all the white furniture too! Thanks for sharing, I know your sweet boy will love growing up in this beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! Love his nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loooove the grey theme with touches of color. The special pieces - your clown, the clock, special cards, frame for 12 months of Ryder - are all so wonderful! I wish my kids' rooms looked like this! And you KNOW I'm excited you got your fancy camera as a push present! What did you get??? As for life, things will be pretty crazy for a while but hang in there & find time for yourself, whether it's blogging or getting your nails done :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable!!!! :) I love that huge window and window-seat too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. turned out absolutely perfect! love it and you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gawwwwd girl stop being so perfect with your nursery decorating skills!!! These photos seriously belong in a magazine! Congrats again on your little nugget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love his nursery! Everything really goes well together. I totally had the kissing Nala stuffed animal and my best boy friend had Simba! I still can't get over how amazing that chevron wall turned out. You got skillz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a perfect nursery, I love every single thing about it! I hope you're thoroughly enjoying these precious newborn days :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! Ryder's nursery is beautiful!! You did such an amazing job, and I love how all of the details are important and meaningful to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK, that Wishes for Baby Alway board? GENIUS!!!!!!! The nursery is adorable. I love it!! Great job and congratulations!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOOVE his nursery! It looks amazing! And we have the same chevron stripes in gray with the other walls gray in our nursery too! Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in LOVE with it. You did such a fantastic job lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!