Friday, January 24, 2014

Dear Baby Boy... 25 Weeks

Dear Baby Boy,

Oh my goodness, we had a busy week, didn't we?!

Nana came up to visit and we painted your room a lovely soft grey color. I still need to touch up the baseboards where the paint soaked through the tape onto the wood, which also had me pretty concerned about attempting to paint chevron stripes on the back wall using tape. However, one of Daddy's friends has told us how it can be done using spray paint, so I think that's our plan for now. I might start taping it off this weekend while Daddy is on a snowboard trip to White Pass.

I'm still feeling pretty great these days, but I've been having a lot of numbness and swelling in my hands and feet. I'll have the doctor check everything at our next appointment, but basically it just means that my shoes are too tight and I can't get my wedding rings on anymore. I hope people don't see that and think I'm some knocked up unmarried whore. I haven't noticed the linea nigra (dark line running down my belly) yet, but most people say it's inevitable... we shall see! However, I've definitely been blasted with a new dose of pregnancy hormones, because my face is breaking out like a teenager again. Sigh.

This week you are the size of a cauliflower, anywhere from 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighing 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. People have definitely begun to comment on how much I am showing, and we still have such a long way to go! You are enjoying a new sense of equilibrium as you begin to sense which way is up and which is down. I'm definitely feeling those kicks and punches all over the place! You're growing more fat and hair, too... just getting cuter and cuter!

I'm working hard to get our schedule in order so we can fit everything in before your arrival. This means we'll be attending lots of childbirth preparation and safety classes as well as exercise classes for me. I'm working so hard to try and make sure that I can deliver you in a manner that allows both of us to experience the least amount of pain and stress possible... wish me luck!

As for you, don't you worry about a thing except growing bigger and fatter in there. Mommy and Daddy want some nice puffy cheeks to pinch in a couple months!

We're getting so anxious to meet you, my darling!

Love Always,

Mommy


13 comments :

  1. i had to stop wearing my wedding ring because my fingers turned into sausages! my doc told me to drink more water and then elevate my feet whenever i could.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always get yourself a "stand in" wedding ring until your fingers go back down to regular size. That's what my sister did (and many do).. she was hell bent on people not thinking she was some hooker that got knocked up. Be sure you are elevating those feet ABOVE your heart.. not just kicking up your heels on an ottoman.. PS- you look so damned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could wear your wedding ring on a chain around your neck! :) A larger inexpensive version is a good idea, too! I really love reading this letters each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute pregnant lady!

    I got that line for my first pregnancy (and it didn't fade until about 9 months afterwards) but did not get it the second time around. Pregnancy is so weird ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it about baby cheeks that make them so fun to pinch? I love chubby little babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to ditch my ring too, don't worry! You look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pete's sister in law and brother went to their first child birthing class last week... she said it was really informative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope when i get preg one day i'm half as cute as you! You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute! And so tiny!! I never even got a trace of that line down the middle, with either pregnancy. So, maybe you won't. You never know! And I didn't wear my wedding rings on certain days I was too puffy, and felt the same thing! That people were going to think I was some single mother whore!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha I thought the same thing when my wedding ring got too small. To the point where I went out to Target and bought a fake [and bigger] ring so people wouldn't think I was knocked up and unmarried! Haha! You're getting close momma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most adorable thing ever! I have never seen anyone do this and it will be so special for him one day to look back and read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so cute sarah!! and yay for having a boy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!