Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Award Winning Lazy Blogging

I don't know what has been wrong with me this week, but my blogging has been totally uninspired, hence my virtual silence around these parts. So I was almost embarrassed when Jenni nominated me for a Liebster Award... almost. Thanks Jenni!!
 
But I always love learning that someone reads and enjoys my ramblings here, and the purpose of the Liebster Award is to promote each other in order to make more friends in the blogging community and attract more attention to our blogs, so I still want to play along... sort of. 
 

Try not to judge, but I'm going to re-post some of my Liebster Award answers from when I was nominated back in June.
 
The Rules
 
Thank the person who nominated you and link them in your post. 

Tell 11 random facts about yourself.

Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.

Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post. 

Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them. 

Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them.
   
11 Random Facts

1. I love infomercials and I've ordered many, many things from TV. It's sort of a problem. 
 
2. I have an unexplainable phobia of the telephone. This can also be a problem.
 
3. Even though I know I shouldn't, I sleep in my makeup every single night.
 
4. I am obsessed with disaster preparedness / the end of the world / Armageddon / the Zombie Apocalypse. Seriously, ask me how many emergency kits I have... they're everywhere.
 
5. I love cilantro; I think it is cat nip for humans. But I hate bananas.
 
6. I have heterochromia, which means my eyes are different colors. I was born with it.
 
7. Try not to judge, but I am not an organ donor. I have weird human body issues, and the concept of my parts being inside someone else just really, really freaks me out.
 
8. I did not meet my older sister until I was 22 years old, because my parents gave her up for adoption when they were in high school. Now she is one of my very best friends.
 
9. I am completely tone deaf, like I don't even sing happy birthday out loud. Seriously, it's bad.
 
10. My two food weaknesses are macaroni and cheese and McDonald's. My mouth just filled with saliva thinking about them.
 
11. I dropped out of college spring quarter junior year and moved to Waikiki with a girlfriend. Eventually I came back and finished school. Yeah.

That's me! I'm kind of a nerd sometimes...
 
11 Questions for ME
 
1. What is your favorite joke? Since I can't think of a single one, I'm wondering if maybe I'm not all that into jokes? I'm actually not a huge fan of comedies, either. Perhaps I should work on my sense of humor.
 
2. Do you prefer sweet or savory? Definitely savory. Although during this pregnancy I have been craving sweets a lot more often than normal. But I pretty much crave everything these days...
 
3. What is the most expensive item you've ever bought? Our new house.
 
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? Oh my goodness, I can hardly remember! I definitely wanted to be an eyewitness TV news reporter just like April O'Neil when I was a little kid. But by high school I don't remember having any specific aspirations. That's probably why I have a degree in journalism and public relations, a certification in paralegal studies, but work in commercial real estate development... See, I'm still trying to figure it out!  
 
5. Are there any decisions you've made that, with hindsight, you wish you could change? Not really, because I think our past experiences make us who we are, and I'm pretty happy with myself these days! That being said, I always wished that I would have taken a few months during college to backpack around Europe and see a little more of the world.
 
6. What color is your bedroom? Right now it's basic beige from the paint package we picked out when we purchased options for the new house, but I have big plans to paint the walls grey with maybe a plum colored accent wall behind the bed... stay tuned!
 
7. Do you collect anything? If so, what? Books, books, and more books. I'm such a book nerd.
 
8. Do you have any favorite sports teams? Silly rabbit... the Seattle Seahawks, of course!
 
9. What is one city you've never visited but would like to, and why? I have always wanted to visit New York City, it's definitely on my bucket list. But somehow every time I try to start planning a trip there the expense overwhelms me and I give up. Someday...  
 
10. What song are you loving right now? I can tell you what song I'm hating: Let Her Go by Passenger. There is something about his voice that sounds whiny and squeaky to me, and the lyrics strike me as incredibly depressing and negative. And the freaking song is playing on every single station right now, I can't seem to escape it! 
 
11. Who did you look up to as a teenager? I actually had quite a few teachers that I looked up to in high school. I should really look them up and see what they're up to these days...
 
Here I am again (sometimes I have a bit of an attitude)... But let's talk about you!
11 Nominees
 
Chelsea @ Anchors Aweigh
 
11 Questions for YOU
1. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
2. If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
3. What historical figure would you love to see in 21st century life?
4. What phrase do you say the most?
5. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
6. What is your favorite thing about yourself (physical or otherwise?)
7. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
8. If you were crowned ruler of the world, what's the first law you would make?
9. What's the most unusual conversation you've ever had?
10. What is the best present you've ever received?
11. Would you rather go back in time and meet your ancestors, or travel into the future and meet your great grandchildren? 
 
 
Congratulations to all the nominees! I really enjoy each of your blogs and hope you play along. And if you haven't checked out these fabulous bloggers yet, I encourage you to take the time to read their posts, get to know them, and show some blogger love! 
  post signature

9 comments :

  1. yay for sleeping in make up every night - me too! hahaha. okay I have to admit, 2 weeks ago I wanted to try and be an adult and bought make up remover and actually used it a few times....eh, it's whatever :) by the way, I'm new around here! just found your blog from over at Erin's page and I'm excited to be following along! Come say hi if you get a chance, I love making new blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just talking on the phone? Or phones period? I can't STAND talking on the phone. I'll text any conversation I can get away with texting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cool you and your sister were able to get back in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool about your sister! Thanks for the nomination! I loved reading all your facts and answers. Can't wait to get my post up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to go to NYC sometime soon! I went there a few years ago and it was so much fun! I might be going again this year if it all works out *fingers crossed*

    and thank you for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I hate cilantro!! Hate it!! And how cool,that you and your older sister are best friends now. Sounds like an amazing story! I wish I would have taken time to travel when I was younger!! Especially around Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to want to be April O'Neil too - must have been all those hours spent playing Turtles with my little brother. I'm NYC-based so if you plan a trip, I'd be happy to give you some tips on where to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many VHS tapes of myself when I was a little kid doing "news reports" and I always signed off, "April O'Neil, Channel 3, Eyewitness News." LOL

      I'll definitely be contacting you if I can ever get that NYC trip planned!

      Delete

Talk to me, Goose!