Friday, January 10, 2014

Dear Baby Boy... 23 Weeks

Dear Baby Boy,

The past week has been fairly uneventful, which has been nice. At our doctor appointment, for the first time I think, I was able to report that everything feels great and nothing is bothering me at all. I mean sure, there are minor symptoms... a little bit of round ligament pain, some heartburn, occasional trouble sleeping and of course the fact that you've apparently decided to take up residence right over my bladder and practice paddy cake on it. Silly boy...

I've been a little more tired than normal, which I attribute to the fact that you might be having a growth spurt or something. I've also been hungrier than I've ever been in my whole life! I think I probably eat six meals a day, but I do try to keep them healthy for you my darling. I've also been going to the gym or yoga most days, and that has really helped with my energy level. You've been alternately active or kind of quiet, depending on the day, which I read is pretty normal. When I'm running around a bunch you're pretty still (I think it might lull you to sleep) but when I'm just sitting or lying down you tend to start kicking away... I love those times.

At 23 weeks you're really getting ready for your big debut, listening in on what's going on in the outside world. Daddy plays music for you at night sometimes, which I hope you like. You are now the size of a grapefruit, anywhere from 10.5 to 11.8 inches and you're getting cuter by the day! You're forming little nipples (why do boys need these, anyway?) and your face is fully formed, although you need a little extra fat to fill it out... would you like a Big Mac?

We are busy preparing for your arrival, registering for classes at the hospital and planning for your nursery. I feel overwhelmed by all the things I need to learn about and purchase before you arrive, but luckily I have an amazing group of people to give me all the advice and support I could ever need. Cailin showed me the invitations for your baby shower this week and they are so adorable! I'll save one to show to you one day.

Daddy is extremely stressed right now about the Seahawks divisional playoff game tomorrow. I'm honestly kind of concerned about his mental state should we lose the game, but let's not go there just yet. Just cover your ears if the noise gets to be too much for you... Oh that reminds me, Aunt Nichole gave you the cutest outfit, a onesie with a little cap that actually turns you into a mini football! She knows us so well... Go Hawks!

Stay warm and happy in there my little munchkin!

Love Always,
Mommy

 

13 comments :

  1. CUTEST lil momma ever!!! :) I love that your baby is going to learn about football from day 1, that's the only way to raise 'em!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great mama!!!

    stopping over from Erins blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby bump! I've been waiting for the longest time to get your birthday present and apparently it's not coming so I guess I am going to send LJ's gift. You look radiant.. and getting hungry is normal now-- healthy eating is great but if you want to splurge on something naughty, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally LOL'd about the Big Mac. I'm sure he does probably want one! ;) (Or maybe it's YOU who wants one?? Hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Marshawn definitely wants a big mac! 😃 For an uneventful week, sounds like you've been busy getting ready for baby. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Can't wait to see his little face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute!! I hope your heartburn and ligament pain goes away, or at least doesn't get worse!?
    And yes, why do boys need nipples?!
    Jason is watching the Seahawks right now, I'm hoping they win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing! I hope you continue to feel great and the minor symptoms become more and more minor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Would you like a Big Mac?" Bahahaha! Such a thoughtful Mumma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously could you be more gorgeous? Wish I had your energy level when I was 23 weeks. My exercise was opening up the fridge for some chocolate or walking to the bathroom. :) and didn't the Seahawks win? I'm sure your mans happy about that (they did win, right? Ha!) you're getting close to the end!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!