Monday, April 28, 2014

I barely know who I am anymore

I felt like kind of a failure as a wife this weekend. I swear I barely know who I am anymore.
 
As I mentioned, it was Stew's birthday on Friday, and typically I always plan something pretty fun for him. Last year it was the Bowling Bash; the year before it was the Pub Crawl. But this time I just could not manage to get anything pulled together, and I feel just terrible.
 
I did take the day off on Friday for his actual birthday, and we spent the time together lounging around the house and doing a few projects for baby. Then I had company tickets to the Mariners game that evening, so we grabbed a birthday bite at Pyramid and headed to the game, which we ended up winning... go Ms!
 
But that, my friends, was basically the extent of Stew's 33rd birthday celebration. Not our best effort.
 
The exhaustion of the end of this pregnancy has completely worn me down. I spent the remainder of the weekend either in bed or on the couch with my feet up, occasionally doing various projects in between. But the baby swing and stroller are assembled, his clothes are washed, folded, and put away, and his name is hanging proudly over his crib in blue letters. I'm also driving around with an infant seat installed safely in the back of my car. Like I said, who am I?!
 
So that's how we spent Stew's birthday weekend. I took no photos, drank no alcohol, and did nothing epic. Neither did poor Stew. As I said... wife failure.
 
I'll make it up to him...
 
 
post signature

13 comments :

  1. I think you get a free pass on this one, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun night to me! lol Poor Dustin, his birthday was the day after we had Abraham! He got a cake in the hospital and we were both exhausted and freaked out!! At least that didn't happen!! I cannot WAIT to see his room and it's so funny thinking of you driving around with a car seat in the back! Isn't it weird!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, our birthdays are pretty low key which is great for us. i think as we get older and things like life happen, going all out for birthdays changes into something more smaller and intimate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that this is totally excuse able this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's like a dream birthday to me, lol. However we've always been low key for our birthdays. This past birthday we both worked, went to get coffee and frozen yogurt and then took a long walk - and I was perfectly okay with it! I think you get a pass on this one for being pregnant. It's not easy cooking a baby ;)

    Can't wait to meet your little dude and see pictures of his nursery via your blog when he arrives! Prayers to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that sounds like a GREAT time! I think you get a pass though if it's not up to the usual standards this time! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'll find that adult festivities go to the wayside when littles enter the picture!!! No worries girlfriend he knows you love him to death!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Stew!!!
    I think it sounds like a nice birthday. I'm sure he totally understood why nothing epic was planned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you get a free pass when you're pregnant! he gets a son--so there's his present! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't feel awful! You're cooking him up a baby and that's tiring and hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't beat yourself up! You went out to dinner and a game. That's a win. Plus, you're carrying his offspring, so I think he's pretty happy about that :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I some how missed this post. Shows what cleaning out blog lovin can do. Helps you see post you never saw. At least you did something and soon you'll be giving him the best present of all.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/been-one-of-those-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's tough to be creative after some time. I didn't do much for our anniversary this year, but we are going to a lot of games and such and he says that will suffice but I feel like a failure.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!