Friday, April 25, 2014

Dear Baby Boy... 38 Weeks

Dear Baby Boy,

It's Daddy's birthday today!

And if you wanted to make it your birthday, too, I don't think we would mind one bit.

We had the families over for Easter last weekend, and it was my very first time hosting a holiday. I think it went really well, and everyone seemed to have lots of fun! Each time a holiday passes Daddy and I imagine how the next one will be with you in our lives. We both feel like holidays are really meant to be celebrated by children, and we had fun imagining egg hunts with you and your cousins, who plan to come spend Easter with us next year. And Daddy can't wait to introduce you to all his favorite Easter candies!

You are currently the size of a watermelon (about 7 pounds and 20 inches long), and you've really plumped up (yay for fat baby cheeks!) The last bits of vernix caseosa (white goo keeping your skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into our amniotic fluid. All of your organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Your head is about the same circumference as your abdomen, and your head could be covered in an inch or so of hair. You have a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold your hand for the first time!

Since my eyes are different colors, I've been wondering what color yours will be. We may not be able to tell right away; if you're born with brown eyes they'll likely stay brown, but if they are another (lighter) color they may change by the time you're nine months old.

I'm still not having any contractions, and when I saw the doctor this week she did not see any new progress. So life is basically a waiting game these days. My bag is all packed and waiting by the door, and every day I leave work with my desk perfectly clean, wondering if I'll be back. Your nursery is ready, and Daddy and I have been trying to spend as much time together as well can; tonight we're headed to the Mariner's game for a little birthday date (likely one of our last solo outings before you join us).

We're ready when you are, my darling!

Love Always,
Mommy


 

8 comments :

  1. Looking great as usual girl and I enjoy these letters to your new baby boy. Wish he would hurry up and make an appearance. I'm ready to know the name and see what a beautiful little man he is. I can't wait girl. Good luck with things and I know you and hubby can't wait. It's gonna be a great day when he comes. Hopefully soon. *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I can't believe how close you are getting!!!! Yeah-hoo!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Daddy! And hopefully a happy BIRTHday to little man, soon... because I wanna see that face!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, just anytime now. I can only imagine how excited you are
    Happy Birthday to Daddy! Hope you all had a great time celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late bday to stew! Hope you guys had fun at the game!! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Stew! Hope you guys had a great weekend and you look lovely and have a great glow to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stick a fork in her.. she's DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your husband! What a sweet letter, one of your sweetest :). It's amazing that one of baby's first reflexes is to be able to hold your finger when you extend it to him. I can't wait until you have that moment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!