Saturday, March 30, 2013

Friday night furniture freak out.

I was so, so excited on my way home from work Friday night. Finally, finally, the furniture that we custom ordered back at the beginning of February was being delivered! I rushed into the house, removed the camp chair from the middle of the room (our only piece of furniture thus far), swept the floors, and headed next door to have a beer with Stew and the neighbors on their front porch in the glorious sunshine while we waited for the delivery truck to arrive. It was going to be a fantastic start to the weekend.

The truck arrived a short while later with a cheerful beep beep, and my heart raced with excitement. Soon, we would be grown ups. Real adults with real furniture. Our empty, cold, echoing living room would soon become a place to live, love and laugh.

The sofa table and end table came in first, and I couldn't believe how well they went with the dark wood floors. Then came the love seat. It was right as I was thinking how gorgeous the fabric was looking next to the wall that I noticed something was wrong. Very wrong. What was that giant decorative foot doing on the front of my couch? Where were the sleek modern lines and the wood running across the bottom of the sofa?? And where did those ugly curved arms come from???

What was happening?!?!?

Every vein in my body began to run cold and a sinking feeling enveloped me like I had been doused with a bucket of ice water. A hard rock settled in the pit of my stomach as I prepared myself to tell Stew... these were not our couches.

A frantic call to the furniture store followed, while the three delivery guys stood, waiting awkwardly. To make a long story short, Sansaco ordered us the wrong sofas.


This, my friends, is the MARTIN sofa, the one we intended to order.


And this is the MARIN sofa, the one the furniture company erroneously ordered for us.

Of course we couldn't have been more crushed furious. Although they might seem somewhat similar, the style of the couches is totally different, and we absolutely did not want the Marin sofas. So back they went to the furniture store. And although they have fully admitted their mistake and were able to re-order our correct Martin sofas, we will now continue to be without furniture downstairs for another two months. Needless to say, there were tears.

We realize these are totally first world problems and I shouldn't be nearly this upset, but it was just such a letdown. The chair and ottoman actually did come out beautifully so we kept those, but it didn't really make up for the rest of the ruined order.

So you'll have to wait a few more weeks for a photo of the completed living room. Until then, I guess we'll still be in camp chairs. That's classy.

5 comments :

  1. Ohhhh what a bummer! To wait for something that long and then have to wait even longer... Camp chairs to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll totally look back on this and think: "You remember that one time when we were living in camp chairs for a few months? Yeah, that was funny." It'll be a story to tell your children :)

    When it does arrive, can't wait to see the living room complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that sucks!! Seems like something always happens like that when ur excited about something, it always does to me!! I love the blue chair u got though and at least u got a few pieces, 2 months is so long!!! Will they give u a discount?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No... no discount, but at least they're willing to re-place the order. Since we had paid in full we were really concerned that we might be SOL!

      Delete
  4. I would be upset as well! At least you've got the camp chairs...and it will make for a good memory...and someday it will be funny (rather than aggravating!).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!