Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Paddy's Day 2013

A few months ago I decided to sign up for my very first 5K race, Seattle's annual St. Patrick's Day Dash. I downloaded a 5K Runner app to my phone and began a training program that would prepare me for the race (note: I am NOT a natural runner). About five weeks in, the training was going really well, but at about that time I had an accident that totally threw me off course. Boo.

I had thoughtfully signed Stewart up to run the race with me, and he was determined to still participate. How did we manage to accomplish this since I am still incapacitated? We borrowed a BOB stroller, of course!

This is what they call true love, I think.

My office team, ready to race.

It actually turned out to be a really pretty day... except COLD.







"We" finished at an amazing 33:55 and would have done even better if Stew hadn't had to bob and weave between people the whole time. He's fast, even pushing his wife in a stroller.

We had planned to celebrate in the beer garden after the race, but after a few freezing minutes in the incredibly long line we realized that Queen Anne hosted a plethora of bars right down the street. So we walked down to an old favorite, Pesos.


Irish Car Bombs at 10 a.m. -- of course!






We're really not romantic, candlelight dinner type of people, so running the race and spending time with some of our favorite friends was an absolutely perfect way to spend our anniversary.

May the luck of the Irish be with all of you!

8 comments :

  1. Omg love that he pushed u in a stroller, that's romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true love right there! Pushing you in a Bob! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two are so cute!!!! Happy anniversary! Looks like fun to me!

    {love jenny xoxo}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Also, I can't imagine running that fast, period, let alone pushing another person. Super impressive. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seriously is love!! And looks like so much fun. I can't get my husband to run unless there is a ball in front of him. Although, in all honesty I've never tried a stroller...perhaps that is the key! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are such a cute couple and what a genius idea to use the stroller. Ps when I was oh my "glory days" aka pre marriage and baby... Irish car bombs were my favvvvv

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun! Glad you were still able to participate!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!