Saturday, February 9, 2013

Living room furniture.

We finally pulled the trigger on the living room furniture! When we started the process it was pretty overwhelming, and my week as a medical mystery kind of slowed any progress we had been making, but as of this afternoon our order has been placed!

We met Mom at Dania this morning because we wanted her help/blessing on our final fabric selections. We know we are going to have to live with these choices for quite a long time, so we really wanted to choose carefully. I think it's safe to say that we made this experience much more complicated than it needed to be, but hey, we feel confident and love our choice, so that's all that matters, I think.

From a prior visit to Dania to look at fabrics we were pretty sure that we wanted a cream color for the sofa fabric,
and we really fell in love with this black and cream accent fabric for our chair.

But of course I just couldn't let go of these other fabrics, which I also really loved.

Of course just looking at the fabrics in the store wasn't enough... we had to see them in person in the model home.
So we checked out all the fabric samples and drove ourselves up to Snoqualmie!
Here are the fabrics we liked on the current model home sofa...
We actually chose a bit lighter, which makes this one look kind of brown.

And here are my favorite accent fabrics on the chair in the model home.
I love, love, love the birds, but since our sofas are going to be so light
we decided to go with the "words" fabric for more contrast.
Plus Mom absolutely loved it once she realized the words are Latin phrases.

We ended up choosing the cream colored fabric on the right for the sofas.
It might be a mistake to choose such a light color, but the fabric is a very high grade of microfiber that is
supposedly super easy to clean with just soap and water or I think she said rubbing alcohol.

Following the advice of a friend, we actually ordered everything from Sansaco Furniture, a warehouse/distributor that is right behind Dania, and saved ourselves about $500. We got the Martin sofa and love seat with the Times Square chair and ottoman. The sofas also come with pillows in the accent fabric. I like our choices because I can basically choose anything as I want to use as an accent color in the room by adding more pillows, curtains, area rugs, or other pieces. Right now I am loving apple green but also teal. We'll have to see what catches my eye!

Of course we still need lots of other stuff for the room like coffee and side tables, bookshelves, etc. but I think this was a really good start! It's going to take 8-10 weeks for everything to come in so we'll have to live with an empty room for a while, but I'm okay with that because I love what we chose... it will be worth the wait and so, so exciting when it finally arrives!

2 comments :

  1. awesome fabric for the chair! and i love cream for a sofa. I think the color will be fine! I would have gotten a cream sofa if I didn't have two black cats! I cannot wait to see it all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this! It's so exciting but I totally hear you when you say overwhelming. It's a big decision but sounds like you are on a great track!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!