Friday, May 17, 2013

A Frozen Moment

Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why.

I know I've shared a lot of wedding photos on this blog, but frankly our photographer was awesome and it was the happiest day of our lives, so sue me. 



I love this photo because I feel like it captures exactly how we felt that day. All the wedding party and family photos had already been taken, and we had a little while to spare before the ceremony, so our photographer took us out behind some warehouses near our wedding venue. I thought it was a strange location at the time, but those turned out to be some of our favorite photos from the entire day.

I remember Stew looking at me and feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

The brooch in my hair belonged to my great grandmother, and my sister bought me the earrings as a surprise specifically for our wedding. Stewart gave me the necklace as a 30th birthday gift, and my mom bought my wedding dress. The bracelet is for Stewart. In English wedding tradition, it is customary for the bride to be given a decorative horseshoe, which she carries on her wrist. The horseshoe is given for good luck. I felt like we really showcased my Irish heritage at our St. Patrick's Day wedding, so I wanted something to represent Stew's English roots as well.

Not only do I like the way we look in this photo, but I remember exactly how we felt, and I love that so many important people in my life are represented in this single, frozen moment.

10 comments :

  1. that is a beautiful picture!!! happiness all around!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was a very happy moment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I never get tired of wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wedding photos, too so keep sharing!!
    I love that you incorporated your roots. I'm Irish too!! My maiden name is Fitzgerald. I almost wanted to keep it because its so good but I took my husbands name of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely picture and you are so right about remembering the feeling or sentiment behind a photograph that you remember immediately upon looking at it. Those are always the best!

    ♡ Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I agree, it's the memories behind the photo that make it special. I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  5. You are radiating happiness! Love the story of the the little details you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo. I love all the little pieces that add in to it too, just make it that much more meaningful and beautiful. Perfect one for today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo, you look so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!