Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's A Girl!

This was the first time I had ever heard of a "Gender Reveal Party," but apparently it's the latest and greatest thing. Guests are instructed to cast their vote for a boy or girl by wearing blue or pink to the event. (I wore blue... but only because I don't really have much pink in my wardrobe). Then fun little games are played before a mystery cake is cut, the inside color revealing the sex of the baby.

I was invited by our dear friends and soon-to-be parents Jesse and Katie. Luckily the weather turned out to be unseasonably warm and gorgeous that day, perfect for the potluck barbecue. After we played a few games it was time for the big reveal and...






It's a GIRL!
  

Harper Paisley, I can't wait to welcome you to the world. You've got some amazing parents.


2 comments :

  1. this is so cute! i have heard of these too, and the mom& dad don't even know the gender either till they cut the cake right? you just have the doc write it on a piece of paper and then give it to the baker? Will you be doing this??? I want to go to one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this case they did already know that it's a girl but that's a great idea for the parents not to know! I think that's the way I'd like to do it. And if you want to go to one maybe YOU should have another baby. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!