Monday, August 27, 2012

Meeting Baby Charlie

Last weekend I caught the red eye to Boston to meet Charline "Charlie" Lynn for the very first time. Charlie is my forever friend Cailin's first child and I was so, so excited to meet the little princess!

Baby Charlie was born on June 25, 2012 and she was 8 pounds, 20.5 inches long. At eight weeks old she is so much fun! She holds her head up, watches everything alertly, sucks on her hands and fingers, coos, smiles and laughs. She also recently discovered her feet and it was so adorable watching her examine them.

Even though flying all night while trying to sleep on the plane kind of sucked, by the time I finally arrived and Cailin picked me up at the airport I was so excited to spend the weekend with them that I didn't even feel too tired. The last time we went to Boston (for my 30th birthday) it was more of a whirlwind tourist trip, so it was really fun this time to just hang out at home with Cailin, Clint and Charlie. Plus, my weekend trips are usually crazy and jam packed, so I can't tell you how much I enjoyed lounging on the couch, hanging out, watching movies, and chit chatting the hours away. A cookout, trip to the mall, and a stop at Tony's Clam Shop by the beach were more than enough outside entertainment for me.

Playing with Charlie was so much fun!
She likes being swaddled, and she loves her bear mobile and play mat.
 
Cailin put together the most adorable nursery I have ever seen.
Tinker and I spent a lot of time hanging out in there while Miss Charlie got fed.

Photo shoot with Charlie Bug.
I love how Brian is romping in the background.
 
I absolutely could not get enough of this child, she's such a doll.
We are matching... Charlie is wearing the Baby Guess outfit I got her for her baby shower.
 
If this isn't the definition of precious then I don't know what is.

Lunch at Tony's Clam Shop at Wollaston Beach, a local favorite that has been in
the South Shore for over 48 years. It's right across the street from the beach and
we sat outside on a cute patio with umbrellas and views of the water.
I splurged and got the fried lobster plate which was ah-mazing!

After we ate we walked over to the beach until I had to head to the airport.
It was a gorgeous day and I enjoyed my last view of the Atlantic for probably
quite a long time. Farewell, Boston!

Family picture at the beach.

I miss these lovely ladies so much already!

Even though we live in opposite corners of the country over 3,000 miles away, somehow Cailin and I have managed to see each other three times in the past year... a new record! I really do dream of the day when we will finally live in the same city again and I can see Baby Charlie any time I want. My friendship with Cailin has really stood the test of time and every time I see her I'm reminded how lucky I am to have her in my life. This is one of my favorite quotes and it always reminds me of our friendship...

"Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away." Carrie Bradshaw, SATC 

6 comments :

  1. This post totally brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. I treasure our friendship so much and can't imagine my world without you in it! Love you oodles and oodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Sometimes doing nothing really is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's so cute! and Cailin looks great, omg, so jealous, i did not bounce back that well!! I'm glad you had fun! she was born the day after abraham's bday, on dustin's bday! great day!!! and the BEST timing to have a baby i think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and omg that quote makes me wana cry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat to read...we sat next to her at your wedding reception. What a beautiful baby...and so much fun for you to get in lots of baby snuggles!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!