Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sisters & Shellac

I chose a neutral color because it's
supposed to last so long...
Stewart got back from Vegas and almost immediately left for a snowboard trip to Silver Star in Canada, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with my sister.

A while ago we had purchased Groupons at Source Salon & Spa in Ballard for Shellac Signature Manicures. I've been hearing amazing things about shellac nail polish, but my one experience so far was absolutely terrible (the polish peeled off in sheets after only two days), so I haven't been in a huge hurry to give it another whirl. But my sis was in need of some chick chat and relaxation, so this was the perfect opportunity. And this time, I am in LOVE with shellac!
The salon was very modern and clean and as new customers we were treated to a tour of the entire facility and then were given cucumber flavored water while we waited. The appointment started right on time and I loved Angelina who did my mani and pedi, she was really friendly and talkative but she also paid super great attention to detail which is important to me because I'm such a perfectionist and I hate sloppy nail jobs. My nails look fabulous and the manicure included a lovely exfoliating scrub of my hands and arms, a massage, and a paraffin wrap. The pedicure was also fantastic and Angelina really took her time doing a perfect job, which I appreciated so much. She spent a lot of time working on my horrible calluses and giving me a great foot and leg rub. 
For my toes I picked something
a little more fun!
The prices were a little steeper than what I usually pay ($57 for shellac manicure and $40 for regular pedicure) but for this occasion I thought the extremely relaxing 2-hour appointment was well worth it. And the shellac is supposed to last 2-3 weeks, obviously much longer than regular polish. I also loved that their products are all organic, and they will do a complimentary makeup touchup for you at the end of your appointment if you ask.

This is probably one of the first times ever I've walked away from a mani/pedi appointment where I wouldn't change a thing. And this salon would be a great place to go for a bachelorette/bridal/birthday party.
I really do love a good pampering!

1 comment :

Talk to me, Goose!