Sunday, February 5, 2012

Don Quixote

Intermission at Don Quixote.
My friend Jessica invited me to the Pacific Northwest Ballet to see Don Quixote on Saturday night and I had a really fantastic time! I used to take dance classes at a studio growing up and I love theater so I'll always take any opportunity to see either one on stage. Seattle's McCaw Hall is always so beautiful and I loved getting dressed up to go out on the town for the evening.

The story of Don Quixote is a little strange, and if I hadn't read the program beforehand I'm certain that I probably would have had no idea what was going on. Not that I would have cared, because the sets, dancers and music were absolutely beautiful. Also, as an added treat the show featured Tom Skerritt as Don Quixote. In case his name doesn't ring a bell, you'd probably remember him best as "Viper" in Top Gun.

I had a lovely night out and it actually worked out perfectly because I was in serious need of some distraction while Stew was in Vegas for his Bachelor Party. But I doubt he'll be jealous I went to the ballet without him!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!