Saturday, December 30, 2017

It's Christmas Once Again

Lucky for us, Christmas this year went on for several weeks.

Our most recent celebration included exchanging gifts with my sister Nichole's family, who came up from Oregon for a few days. And for the first time ever, we decided that it was a perfect opportunity to have a professional family portrait taken. 

It thrills me to no end that I finally have a photo of all the people who I love most in the world all together. 


Back at my parents' house, the kids were spoiled with yet another extravaganza of present opening.





Ryder was thrilled with his dinosaurs, and cousins Sophia and Aubrey loved their American Girl dolls. 





Kiley's tunnel was a huge fan favorite, and we had fun figuring out exactly how many small humans you can actually fit inside...




As much as Kiley liked all her new toys, it's really the simple things in life that entertain this girl...




I grew up surrounded by tons of cousins at every holiday when I was growing up, so I absolutely love it when I get to see these kiddos together. They get along famously!








No one could get enough of sweet baby Kinley.









My mom was in seventh heaven with all of her grand babies.



All of the excitement was a little much for Stew...



We also celebrated Sophia's birthday, which is coming up next month.


And although we weren't blessed with another White Christmas, the sunny weather meant that Ryder got another chance to go outside and drive his Power Wheels Jeep. He was much less intimidated this time!





Ryder never misses an opportunity to feed the goats at Nana and Papa's house.

As our final Christmas celebration draws to a close, I'm overwhelmed with emotions... It's always sad when the parties are over and everyone has to go their separate ways, but I'm also looking forward to some time at home, and the return of a little routine in our lives.

But I sure am glad that I have such a big, amazing family to celebrate the holidays with once again.

We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you guys had quite the Holiday!! I love the family photo and of course the traditional Christmas PJs :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!