Saturday, September 24, 2016

Smiling Irish Eyes at 90

My incredibly amazing Grandma Sally is 90 years old! 

It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating her 80th birthday, and I honestly have no idea where the last decade went. She sure doesn't look even a day older, although I can't say the same for myself... 

To celebrate this important milestone, my mom and her siblings planned quite an elaborate party, and everything turned out fabulous! 



Most importantly, there were CUPCAKES, which of course was pretty much the only thing that mattered to Ryder.

Ryder and his second cousin, Lexie. (I had to use an online "relationship calculator" to figure out what they were to each other, ha ha). 

Grandma Sally and her fifth (I think) great-grandchild. 

Grandma Sally with just 10 of her 15 children!

I could go on and on about how amazing my grandma is. 

She has played a huge role in my life ever since the day I was born. She's watched me grow up, cared for me when my parents couldn't, and taken me on amazing adventures, including my first plane ride to San Francisco when I was just seven years old! She spoils all her grandchildren not only with thoughtful and personal gifts and cards, but most importantly, with time and love. Her energy, even at 90, is enviable. She is a great listener, and makes me feel special every time I see her. She's literally been through it all and always amazes me with her life stories and spot-on advice. She has fabulous style, and she makes the best deviled eggs in the world. She loves her family, and even the smallest things make her happy -- a visit, a lunch, a phone call, a card. She is proud of who she is and where she came from. She has love for everyone around her, and constantly puts others' happiness first. She always has a smile on her face. 

She inspires me, and is an example of who I want to be in the future.

She is seriously the smartest, sweetest, most thoughtful, generous, kind, selfless, happy human being I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

Happy birthday Grandma Sally!
I LOVE YOU!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!