Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ryder's First Halloween

Let the holiday season commence!
 
We're so excited for the series of "firsts" that are in store for Ryder over the next few months.
 
Stew was on shift for Halloween this year, but Ryder and I spent the day together, and since I had a couple of extra Halloween-themed outfits for him, I took the opportunity to put him in a couple different ones throughout the day.
 


 
He was a little young for official trick-or-treating this year, but I still put him into his costume for the evening...
 
A firefighter, just like Daddy!
 
 
 
We answered the door together and handed out candy to all the neighborhood kids... there were a ton of them! I actually ran out of candy pretty early, which was fine because it was bed time for little pumpkins, anyway.
 
My, things sure have changed for me and Stew. We used to LOVE getting dressed up in elaborate costumes and attending wild Halloween parties every year.
 
(Remember Mario and Princess Peach a couple years ago? Or '80s Prom? That was a fun one...)
 
Last year we did our pregnancy announcement, and were so excited to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters for the first time at our new house. Now here we are with baby Ryder, dressing him up and taking photos that we blast over social media like annoying parents everywhere.
 
We love it.
 
 
post signature

7 comments :

  1. He is just adorable with that wide smile!!! Love this little pumpkin hat and great firefighter costume! Holidays are much different indeed but oh so much fun! Next year, you gotta dress up. We all dressed up as octopus this year. First year for me dressing up in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so cute! I love having halloween with a child! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a happy little guy!! Love his costumes!!! Where's the calander!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. He has the BEST baby smile I have ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the announcement last year... who would have known what a precious bundle of joy you would have! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a precious little fireman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh he is absolutely adorable in his Halloween outfits! I remember how excited I was for Carson's first Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!