Thursday, August 29, 2013

2013 Summer Old Man Games

Never trust a boy when it comes to blog photos.
 
This is a lesson I've learned again and again.

As I mentioned before, I wasn't able to attend the second annual Summer Old Man Games this year. But I didn't want Stew to miss out, so I wished him luck and sent him off to Sucia Island for the weekend with his buddies.

Of course I asked him to take pictures. And he made a good effort...





Those four photos represent their gorgeous boat ride out to the island.

As for what happened after that? The world may never know...

Stewart did report that the games were a great success, with brand new events like Slack Line, Head Dunk, and Running Beer Chug.

Dang, I would have rocked that shiz like Katniss Everdeen!

But it didn't matter, because like the all-around athlete and champion that he is, Stew pulled a Bruce Jenner took home the Gold Medal Homemade Trophy all on his own.

MY HERO, and two time champion!


Yes, that is the trophy for the Old Man Games. In case you can't tell, it's an old man's walker glued to a bit of wood. Don't get jealous now. With intense training and concentrated diligence, someday you, too, may have the opportunity to display this honor oh-so-proudly in your home.

May the odds be ever in your favor...

4 comments :

Talk to me, Goose!