Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wedding Rehearsal & Dinner

Our friends and family members started arriving in town on Thursday, and by that time we were really starting to get excited. All the anticipation and hard work was coming to an end, and we were ready to just enjoy our wedding weekend!

When the wedding party arrived at the Georgetown Ballroom on Thursday afternoon I was over the top excited. I had not seen many of my bridesmaids, who are my best friends, in quite some time and they had traveled so far to be with us. What an awesome reunion! Everyone loved the venue and couldn't say enough good things about it. The rehearsal went off without a hitch and by the end I was just basking in the knowledge that in just 48 hours I would be saying those words for real. 
Dad practicing giving me away to Stewie.

Must remember which way to turn to hand off bouquet!

Remember... 45 degree angle!

I hope no one falls down these stairs...

Straight from the rehearsal we headed to Collins Pub for the rehearsal dinner, graciously hosted by Stewart's dad, Russ, and his wife, Patty. My friend Tara had done an amazing job setting up the private area in the back of the restaurant for us to enjoy all night. There was even a personalized menu for dinner. We were able to eat, drink and be merry for several hours with all of our closest friends and family members, and the evening went off without a hitch. It also included a heartfelt speech from Russ that brought tears to my eyes and made me reflect again on how lucky I am to be joining such an amazing family.
Lots of delicious food and drinks for everyone!

The Always - Russ, Mark, Stewart & Matt

Chris and Russ

Mark and Aunt Freda

Father of the Groom and Best Man

Patty, me and Momma

My little bro and Dad

Alissa, Matt, Haley and the Groom

Haley and Russ having a good time

Lovely couple

Simon and Lisa arrived that night all the way from London!

Mark thought our party was awesome

Cailin, me and Baby Charlie

Most amazing Maid of Honor ever, my sister, Erin

Carolina also gets a prize for traveling from Florida

Uncle Steve, who will read "An Irish Blessing" at the wedding

My siblings with their soon-to-be brother-in-law

High school reunion with Jamie, Sarah, Brooke and Taylor (our new addition)

Lovely picture of my amazing family

Gorgeous decorations with peacock feathers everywhere!

My amazingly supportive parents - I can never thank them enough...

Fabulous bridesmaid, Crystal

Stew and some of the boys... Chad, Chandler, Jason, Justin

Another fantastic bridesmaid, Tara

Brett, the Best Man

Our lovely friend Haley, Brett's girlfriend

Hanging out with our dear friends Matt and Alissa

I love my future new in-laws!

Far, far too late Stewart and I headed home to spend our last night together before the wedding. I couldn't believe that everything was really happening!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!