Friday, January 8, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Blue Friday, friends!

After a lot of photo-heavy posts over the holidays, I thought I'd share some random, mindless little tidbits today. 



{one}

The Seahawks play off against the Vikings on Sunday in record-breaking cold temperatures — zero degrees or below. Luckily, quarterback Russell Wilson says he doesn't anticipate it being a problem. Also, Marshawn Lynch is expected to be back in action after undergoing abdominal surgery late in November and missing the seven final games of the regular season. I wonder... at what temperature do Skittles freeze?  

{two}

Staying with Seattle sports, Ken Griffey Jr. was elected into the baseball Hall of Fame on Wednesday with a record-breaking 99.32% of the vote. Griffey will wear his Mariners hat for the induction, despite his departure from Seattle in 2000 (and unlike his jerky, ungrateful former teammate Randy Johnson). We take our loyalties very serious out here, donchaknow? 

{three}

The first Fuller House photos have been released! As a die-hard Full House fan when I was growing up in the '80s, I was absolutely thrilled to learn that Netflix has reunited the Tanner family in a new series releasing on February 26. Almost all of the original cast will be back, except the Olsen twins, who I have now written off for their lack of participation (because loyalty, duh — see above). 

{four}

On a personal note, you can officially chalk me up as one of those annoying people who is back on the diet and exercise bandwagon after gluttonously gaining a disgustingly excessive amount of chub over the holidays. It's going okay so far — I've managed to work out every day this week before work, and I haven't touched a single carb. I'm exhausted, cranky, and starving... but I'm already starting to see results.

{five}

Were you aware that I nerd out and read the science news every single day? #truth 
And did you know that scientists recently discovered the 1,000th exoplanet? They have also added another 554 candidates to the roll of potential planets, six of which are near-Earth-size and orbit in the habitable zone of stars similar to our sun. I am incredibly fascinated by all of the possibilities that our universe offers. Seriously, check out NASA's Instagram feed it will blow your mind.


And there you have it: Five random tidbits to start off your Friday!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, everyone...

Don't forget to catch the Hawks game on Sunday!

post signature

7 comments :

  1. Hahah good luck with the weight loss!! Aren't we all that way?? I survived day 1 of the 21 day fix... I'm calling it a win at 27 weeks prego haha, not that I'm trying to lose weight because that won't happen - but just get in better shape!! I'm excited about fuller house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes. Fuller house all the way and those Olsen twins...wish they would stop smoking the crack for a hot minute and at least make a cameo...I loved them so much back in the day but now, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to Fuller House too! Some of the pictures make it seem like time really hasn't gone by. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like my boyfriend. He's infatuated with space. He follows NASA's blogs and stories and is always sharing new information like that with me. Very intriguing! I'm excited for Fuller House to premier too. It's bitter sweet that the Olsen twins won't be returning to TV. I always enjoyed them,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one insanely excited about Fuller House! I TOTALLY bought a People magazine the other day because I saw (on multiple Full House actor's Instagram pages) the cast on the cover! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I know how you feel about the Olsen's. They would be nothing without Full House. I feel a *little* less hateful after reading in People that they haven't acted since their teens and no longer feel comfortable. But come on, at least one quick appearance?!

      Delete
  6. I cried when I watched the Fuller House trailer. So excited!

    <3 Have Ashley, Will Travel

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!