Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Review

We hope that everyone had a lovely weekend! Ours was very busy but very productive.

It really all started on Thursday evening when I met up with my dear friend Amanda for happy hour at Rock Bottom. We had planned on going to Hard Rock Cafe because I still haven't been there, but it was closed for a private event. Rock Bottom ended up being a great choice though; I always forget how great their happy hour is! We had two beers each plus shared three large appetizers and only spent $20 a piece!

On Friday I had lunch at Wild Ginger with a former co-worker where I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu... Wild Ginger seriously makes my favorite pad thai in the entire city, and the vegetarian version of it is super delicious as well!

That evening we went to Cinebarre with our Sunday Dinner buddies and saw Argo. If you haven't seen this movie yet I suggest you do so immediately! It's the best film I've seen in a long time, with edge-of-your-seat suspense throughout. Also, if you've never checked out Cinebarre you should do that, too. It's a 21 and over theater where you order dinner and drinks during the movie... really fun!

Saturday we woke up bright and early to clean the house and head up to Snoqualmie Ridge to check out the property and measure out where our patio is going to go. Some more of the framing is done, which was exciting, but it was a very muddy tromp to the backyard to figure out the patio situation. What a dilemma. How big of a patio do we want? Do we want a larger patio because it's sort of an extension of our living space, or do we want a smaller patio so it doesn't take away from the small-ish backyard? We decided on something medium, 12'x16', which I think we'll be really happy with.

Slowly but surely!
Next we had to stop in Southcenter for my appointment at Renew Beauty Med Spa, where I am having laser underarm hair removal done. Has anyone else done this? I've been to three sessions already with no results and I'm starting to get discouraged.

We spent the rest of the afternoon volunteering at Fred Meyer in Auburn collecting cash and toys for the firefighter annual holiday Toys for Kids drive. Some people were so, so generous it was really amazing! One woman put in $100! Apparently her house burned down earlier this year and she really wanted to give back to the firefighters who came to her aid. That one almost brought tears to my eyes...

Saturday night was super duper exciting. We rented The Vow and watched it while eating sushi and frozen pizza. I fell asleep for about the middle third of the movie. Jeez, we're old.

Sunday I was up bright and early for my very first Flywheel cycling class with my friends Lindsee and Heather. Ohmygod what an amazing class! I've been to the generic cycling class at my gym before, but this one was so much better! It took me a while to get used to the clip in shoes and the seat was pretty uncomfortable, but other than that I loved everything about it. The instructor was fantastic and I loved how the room is dark and the music is extremely loud, it just really gets you pumped up and in the zone. Panting and pouring sweat for 45 really got me motivated for the rest of the day!

After a few hours of chores around the house I headed to Book Club with some girlfriends who I haven't seen for the longest time. I missed Book Club a lot in the months before and after our wedding, so it was great to get together with everyone again. This month's book was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn which everyone else loved just as much as I did.

While I was at Book Club, Brett came over for a little football, beer, and manly bonding time with Stew. The Hawks had a bye this week and unfortunately Stew's fantasy team played absolutely tragically, so it wasn't the greatest football Sunday, but we still had fun with our friends.

Whew! It was a whirlwind weekend and it went by way too fast, but at least it's a short week before we head down to Vancouver to spend Thanksgiving with the Always... I'm already counting down the hours until we depart.

Did you have a good weekend?

4 comments :

  1. I loved Argo too. So good. And suspenseful, even though I knew they made it out in real life. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I have so many things to comment on! 1) I LOVE Flywheel! Do you do the SLU one? I got Saturday mornings at 8:30 a.m.! Such a great workout! I've only done Tommy's classes. 2) So glad you loved Gone girl! 3) LOVE Wild Ginger too! My brother claims he has the recipe for 7 Flavored Beef - I'll pass along when I get it from him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Everytime we are in Seattle we always say "we gotta go to Wild Ginger!" And if you get that recipe, pass it along sister! That's my husband's favorite.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that you're building!! exciting. argo was amazing! your blog is beyond darling & i'm so happy to discover it! following you..xo chaseandem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!