Friday, July 15, 2011

Boot Camp Recap

This morning I completed my second month of Boot Camp through Kirchoff Fitness and I feel great! At the beginning and the end of each session we do a timed mile to measure progress. And for the second time this summer, today I was able to jog the whole mile! I know to many of you this might not seem like much of an accomplishment, but for me it is HUGE. I've never been a natural runner and it's always been such a struggle for me both mentally and physically, so to finally start improving, even if it's slight, is a really good feeling.

Boot Camp and I have a love/hate relationship. I HATE getting up before 5 a.m. to exercise, but I LOVE going home from work every night knowing that I don't have to hit the gym... because my workout is already done! I HATE not being able to breathe, sweating and turning beet red, climbing up and down stairs over and over again, doing push ups and sit ups in the sand, lifting weights, and of course running, but I LOVE how much stronger I feel. I HATE having to turn down delicious foods like Big Macs and Pizza, but I LOVE how much better my body performs when I give it healthy fuel.

Even though I did feel really burnt out at times (and didn't necessarily always bring my PMA = Positive Mental Attitude), I completed both boot camps with exemplary attendance and I managed to drink water and eat healthy throughout the entire experience. Well, most of the time...

Now I have two weeks off before another camp starts, and I'm on the fence about whether to sign up again. On the one hand, it's expensive and I'm still paying for a gym membership on top of it. On the other, I only have a couple months left of "summer" Seattle weather during which exercising outside is even a possibility. And it also means that my evenings will be free for lovely patio happy hours!

So right now I am thinking that since my motivation level is up, I'd really like to keep going while I have the energy (and daylight) available. Would anyone care to join me?

2 comments :

Talk to me, Goose!