Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Shower for Baby Girl

My best friend Tara is having her first child soon, a baby girl, and it's been so much fun to be a part of her pregnancy journey!

This weekend I hosted a baby shower for her at my house, and if I do say so myself, I think it was a success!


Tara and I met my senior year of college, which means she has been by my side for pretty much every significant event of my adult life. I don't know how I would do it without her! And I sure hope we never get in an irreconcilable fight, because I shudder to think about all the dirt this girl has on me... 
Everyone knows I love a good theme party, so baby showers are right up my alley. 

We started off with some games and activities... 




My little helper... He certainly isn't used to so much pink!

The Mommy-to-be, surrounded by gifts from her incredibly generous and kind friends.

As I said, I love themes, and this obviously necessitates that the food and beverages fall in line. Pink and gold! 

And actually, I have to give credit where credit is due. I was in charge of the decorations, not the food, so a huge shout out goes to Tara's sister Kelli for providing all of the refreshments. I especially liked the pink deviled eggs!




I had a custom growth chart made as my special gift to Tara and Baby Girl. I can't wait to watch her grow up!

Tara with her super sweet nieces... she is no stranger to taking care of little girls!


It was such a fun day of celebrating, and I was so happy to see Tara showered with gifts that will help make being a first time mom that much easier. 

Now the countdown is on... Baby Girl will be here before we know it!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!