Saturday, April 25, 2015

Happy Birthday, Darling Husband

For Stewart's 34th birthday I was determined to do something awesome to make up for last year's epic failure.
 
His birthday falls within a week of one of his best friends from college, Matt, and conveniently his wife Alissa and I are the best of friends. So the two of us teamed up to plan a joint surprise birthday bash that would shock and thrill the guys.
 
We reserved a private event space for the evening at Seattle's Rhein Haus, a German beer hall with bocce ball courts. I arranged for my parents to take Ryder overnight, and for weeks Alissa and I worked secretly on the invitation, details, menu, and decorations. Rhein Haus looked like a super cool place for a party, and we were so excited for the surprise. 
 
I did my best, but Stew is just too dang smart for his own good.

He guessed well in advance that I had something up my sleeve for the evening (I claimed we were getting together with Matt and Alissa for a small celebratory dinner), so it wasn't as much of a surprise as I would have hoped. In any case, at least the location and guest list were kept a secret -- and Matt, on the other hand, was shocked!
 
 




 


 
I wish I had taken more, better-quality photos of the evening, but I really just felt like letting loose and enjoying the party instead of worrying about documenting every moment for my blog. I can tell you that the beer, brats and bocce were a hit though!
 
Happy Birthday, Stew & Matt!
Cheers to another fantastic year ahead...
 
post signature

4 comments :

  1. It looks like everyone had a blast.. Love all the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! It looks like everyone had a great time! It's always better to enjoy the party than to worry about photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! It's so great to see that y'all are still celebrating in style even after the babe is here!! Way to keep up your lifestyle you know I love it!

    And ps your posts aren't coming up on Bloglovin again... 😩

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun! And you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!