Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend


Best Momma Ever.
I went down to Olympia this weekend to enjoy the gorgeous weather with my family for Mother's Day. I arrived late Friday night so we could wake up on Saturday morning for one of our favorite activities: sitting around drinking coffee in our pj's. My dad recently bought my mom a brand new bicycle, so we were very excited to go out Saturday morning for a bike ride on the Chehalis Western Trail. I had never ridden it before but it was absolutely gorgeous! The weather was amazing, sunny but not too warm that early in the morning, and the path wound through woods and fields along a creek and the train tracks. We rode for a little over two hours which was just about 20 miles. This was my first time taking my bike out this year and I forgot how much I love riding... it makes me feel like a kid again.

Part of the Chehalis Western Trail

I forgot how much I love my bike!

After our ride we went to a barbecue to celebrate my cousin Hannah's college graduation. It was awesome to see so many of my aunts, uncles and cousins all in one place and we spent the whole sunny afternoon enjoying yummy eats and cool drinks.

Marilyn, Sarah, Hannah, Nancy and Colleen

On Sunday morning I needed to do some prep work for the week. Our oven is currently broken so I stole the resources of my parent's kitchen to make some recipes I wanted to try: Pumpkin Protein Bars and Turkey Meatloaf Muffins. As a thank you I doubled both recipes and left the other half of the food in their fridge. Then that afternoon we went to my Aunt Diane's house to see my grandparents and cousins before I headed home. They have some really pretty parks near their house so we were able to take a walk and enjoy some more of this amazing spring weather.

Cousin time with Sarah, AJ, Shane and Kate

Another Mother's Day shot

Kate, Diane, Shane and Ninja in the foreground

AJ doing a little long boarding
Stewart had to work on Saturday so he wasn't able to come to Oly with me, but he did go snowboarding again at Crystal Mountain which was a blast as usual. Even though I missed spending the weekend with him I was very happy to spend time with my mom and family.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!