Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

One of the more amazing things about becoming a parent is that you fall in love with your husband all over again. 

May 5, 2014

When I see Stewart and Ryder together, my heart just melts, and I remember all the reasons that I fell in love in the first place.

Our relationship changed a lot during that first year after Ryder was born. It was good... and bad. Bad because we were sleep deprived, stressed, and grumpy. The responsibility of running a household, having full time jobs, and a child who sucks up almost every once of our energy on a daily basis has definitely taken a toll on the romance in our marriage.

But there were good parts, too. And to this day, whenever I sit back and look for a minute, watching my husband and our son with fascination and adoration, I fall in love with him a little bit more... again and again and again.


Ryder has brought happiness into our lives that we never even realized was missing. He makes us laugh, smile and worry like we never had before, and sharing that experience has brought us even closer together.

I will never really be able to express how thankful I am that Ryder has such a good daddy.


It seems like more often than not, Stew ends up having to work on holidays, and Father's Day this year was no exception. However, determined to spend some time with him, Ryder and I went down to the fire station for a visit.




Trying on all the gear and hanging out on the ladder truck are definitely some of the perks of having a firefighter for a daddy!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there (especially mine). Thank you for everything you've done, and for all that you continue to do.

I hope you had a wonderful day!

post signature

1 comment :

  1. so cute and so true! children bring such joy but theres tough times too. but if you can find a man who is a great father, that is an amazing blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!