Sunday, August 7, 2016

Little Brother Gets Married

My little brother got married!

I don't know exactly how this happened (seeing as he's just a child), but somehow over the years it seems my baby brother grew up, became a man, met the perfect woman, and married her. 

YAY!

AJ & Morgan officially tied the knot on August 6, 2016.


We had the best time celebrating with them!

Of course the wedding involved an entire weekend of family festivities, including mani/pedis with the bride and her friends, fancy hairdos with my mom and sister, the ceremony rehearsal and dinner, and late nights sitting up gossiping and chatting (always my favorite part of any family event). 

The rehearsal dinner took place on the waterfront in downtown Olympia. I have no idea where Stew and Ryder were for this photo, but they're around somewhere...

On the big day, we waited anxiously to get things started with the flower girls and ring bearer. I knew Sophia and Aubrey would do great, but I was a little concerned about how Ryder would perform under pressure...
Our attempt at a family photo (although the Littlest Alway was not being very cooperative).


The wedding took place at a super cool farm-like venue in Yelm. Of course Ryder was in heaven when he realized there were horses on the premises.


And giant tractors? This place was a kid's dream!

After a long day of waiting, it was finally, finally time to get things started. I have absolutely no idea what words of wisdom my Uncle Tom was telling my brother at this moment... and I probably don't want to know.

As predicted, the flower girls gave a stunning, flawless performance.
And Ryder didn't do half bad! Apparently he threw an epic fit right as he was supposed to head down the aisle, but he made it... almost. Toward the end he started getting a little upset about the flower petals the girls had dropped, saying, "Mommy... it's messy!" and trying to pick them up. Ah, he's definitely my child.

And here is the real star of the show... Morgan, my beautiful new sister-in-law. She looked absolutely breathtaking.

I was in tears as I listened to the sweet words that these two said to each other. It's so clear how in love they are, and how they're absolutely each other's best friends. 

Finally, officially Man and Wife!


Introducing Mr. and Mrs. AJ & Morgan Getchman!

The reception was absolutely fabulous, jam-packed full of family, friends, food (and of course an open bar!)


I know it's hard to believe, but that's Mom in the center, although she looks like she could be our sister.

We clean up real nice if I do say so myself!

Sibling Pic! We couldn't be happier for our baby brother.

And we just had to snag our new Sister on the dance floor for a photo.

Initially, Ryder was pretty excited about all the dancing.

But as the night wore on he started to get pretty tired. Although Daddy had more and more fun as he continued to visit the bar...


I'm pretty sure I have this EXACT same photo of my aunties at our wedding...

It was an amazing weekend of celebrations, and the wedding was seriously the event of the year for our family. It's such a wonderful feeling to have something so amazing to celebrate, and it was so much fun to be a part of everything. 

I'm so excited to see what's in store for these kiddos next...

Congratulations to the newlyweds!



We cannot wait to watch the two of you grow together, and we are so incredibly lucky to be a part of your lives. 

post signature

1 comment :

  1. sarah you look really great in this color, it makes your eyes pop. Your mom looks amazing, she really does look like she could be your sister, i just love your mom! beautiful wedding and sooo funny about Ryder trying to pick up the rose petals. Abraham would have done the same thing. I had to photograph a wedding when Abraham was about this age, 2 and 4 months, and had to bring him with me and it was INSANE.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!