Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Hour: Japonessa

I have been having super intense sushi cravings lately, so I was so excited that Amanda and I had scheduled happy hour at Japonessa last night after work.

She arrived early and got a table for us in the bar and already had a drink by the time I arrived. When I got there the bartender rushed over right away to see what I wanted, and soon after the waitress came by to take our orders. The happy hour menu is absolutely fantastic and everything we ate was super delicious.

We started with miso soup ($1) and edamame ($2) to go along with our well drinks ($6) before we moved on to some of the happy hour sushi... yum! My craving was totally satisfied.


Amanda ordered "Sushi Set B" which included
tuna, salmon, yellowtail, and albacore.
I'm not really a fan of the big slabs of raw fish, so this was all her.
She said it was yummy.

Then we both shared a couple of the happy hour specialty rolls.
I can't remember the names, but the top one was spicy and yummy
and the bottom one was slightly sweet and included coconut and it
was absolutely to-die-for. I almost ordered another.
These ones were between $10-$11 each I believe.

Stew had asked me to bring him some home, so I ordered him both a California Roll and a Spicy California Roll. These ones were just $5 each so I thought they would be smaller and that's why I ordered two. However, when they came out they were full size orders so it was a ton of food for just $10... sweet. Amanda and I taste tested it for him and both rolls were delicious. You're not really allowed to order happy hour food to go, but our waitress was super cool and when she brought out the order she also gave us a to-go container... she knew what we were up to! That was really nice of her so we gave her a generous tip and it was still a super cheap happy hour. Even though we really should mix it up, Amanda and I both said we want to go back to Japonessa again for next month's happy hour. Oh, how I heart sushi.

4 comments :

  1. Well thanks for passing along your craving! I seriously love edamame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I haven't been there for a happy hour before so I MUST head over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even love sushi that much but Japonessa is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are making my mouth water. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!