Sunday, December 23, 2012

Casa Mia

I try to get together with one of my oldest and best friends, Brooke, whenever I can now that she's moved back to the Pacific Northwest from Alabama. The holidays are sometimes a tricky time to get together with friends, especially when you have a large extended family, because there are so many obligations to consider and people to see that it's hard to fit everyone and everything in. But Brooke and I planned ahead to have lunch on Saturday while she and I were both in Olympia to see our families for Christmas. She suggested Casa Mia downtown, someplace I had never been before. I wasn't super excited by my first look at the exterior...


However, once I got inside I was shocked... what an adorable little place! I couldn't believe I had never been there before!


Casa Mia has been around in Washington State since 1952, serving Italian food made the old fashioned way. I was surprised that it was almost totally empty at noon on a Saturday, but Brooke and I were able to grab a nice booth in the back and the restaurant really started to fill up while we were there.

We started with warm, soft, white Italian bread and
green salads with olives and cheese. 

Then we both chose traditional fettuccini with alfredo sauce.
The portion size was huge and we both ended up taking a lot home. 

We could have had lunch across the street at McDonald's as far as I was concerned, I was just excited to spend time with one of my dearest friends. There's something really special about friendships that have stood the test of time. And I'm always especially grateful for them around the holidays.

Almost 20 years later and still the best of friends...

I hope that all of you get the opportunity to see everyone who is important to you this holiday season!

2 comments :

  1. That fettucini looks so good!! I've probably driven by that place hundreds of times but have never gone inside, it's way cuter than I would have imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm!! I'm so glad we got to get together!! I wish we could have talked longer! We will have to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!