Friday, November 2, 2012

Restaurant Review: Purple

I haven't been writing restaurant reviews as often anymore, but it certainly hasn't been for lack of eating out. Ever since we hired a professional cleaning service and put our condo on the market, we've been very hesitant to use our kitchen (I'm a very messy chef), so we've been hitting some of our local favorites quite frequently these days. When we're not ordering takeout, our two go-to cuisines have been crock pot chicken meals and pre-packaged salads from Trader Joes. But that got real old about three weeks in, let me tell you.

So I was super excited to meet my friend Samantha this afternoon for lunch at Purple Cafe and Wine Bar downtown. We haven't seen each other in way too long, so it was nice to take a break in the middle of my hectic day to sit down and catch up and grab a bite. (Samantha and her husband live in Issaquah, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of her once we become Eastsiders).

Our friendly waiter immediately lured us in with the Duck Confit Risotto, which we decided to share along with a Greek Salad. The salad was a bit spicy but delicious, and the risotto was to die for. As we ate we chatted about work, vacations, fitness, future plans, and my failure at living a vegetarian lifestyle (did I mention how good the duck was?).


Purple is a great centrally located, moderately priced place to meet a friend for lunch. I absolutely love the atmosphere there, the food is always delicious, and the staff is very friendly.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments :

  1. Sounds great! I love a good lunch date with friends - although I always find I have so much more to say than a lunch can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is, but Purple does Risotto better than most places. I order it almost every time I go!

    The downtown location is my favorite, but I love having one out in Woodinville where we live. I love how each of the locations has a totally different vibe, but the food, wine, and service is always great.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!