Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Book Review: The Last Child

This stellar recommendation came from my aunt, who never steers me in the wrong direction when it comes to books (or matters of life in general, really). The Last Child by John Hart was absolutely fantastic! What a page turner. Here is the first sentence: "Asphalt cut the country like a scar, a long, hot burn of razor-black." I was immediately sucked in.

The story follows 12-year-old Johnny Merrimon as he looks for his twin sister who has been missing for a year. Her abduction has ruined his family, but while everyone else has given up, he continues to search for clues and strongly believes in the chance that his twin is still alive. He is determined to discover the truth, although it takes him to his farthest limit.

This book moves along very quickly and I felt almost immediately connected to Johnny, his mother, his best friend, and Detective Hunt, who has taken a personal interest in the case. The elaborate plot twists kept me guessing until the very end, and I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. I will definitely be reading more by John Hart in the near future. Highly recommended!

1 comment :

  1. with a starting sentence like that yah definitely i would continue reading more

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!