Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Restaurant Review: Flying Pie Pizzeria

When we visited Issaquah on Monday night we had dinner at Flying Pie Pizzeria, which Tara claims has the best Ranch dressing in the world. In case you didn't already know, Ranch dressing is my favorite condiment food group, and I'll eat it on pretty much anything. So Tara has been wanting to take me to Flying Pie for months so I could experience their Ranch dressing. Needless to say I was pretty excited.

Flying Pie is right off Front Street in historic downtown Issaquah. Their pizza dough is homemade and hand-rolled daily, and fresh vegetables are cut and prepared every day. They also use only 100% whole milk mozzarella, provolone and romano cheeses, and meats are of the highest quality available. Yummy. Also, we were glad to be there on a Monday when pints are $2 all day!

The atmosphere is super casual with vintage video games inside and cute tables with umbrellas out front. I also really liked that they offer whole wheat and gluten free pizza crust (although we didn't sample any). Tara and I shared the all you can eat salad bar which included bread sticks for $7.50 and then we got two pizzas for the four of us to share. It was a little bit too much food but the pizza was amazing and the Ranch was right up there with my favorites! We finished off almost an entire salad bowl of it and I probably gained a couple pounds.

TOP: BBQ Chicken w/ BBQ Sauce, mesquite chicken, and red onion
BOTTOM: The C.B. 'er with Canadian style bacon & pineapple


I'm sure that if we move to Issaquah Flying Pie will become one of our staple pizza places, but until then I'll look forward to the next time I'm in town... I can still taste the Ranch!

1 comment :

  1. yum! i love ranch too, i always get it on my veggie subs at subway and i love fried okra or fried pickles dipped in ranch! if you haven't tried fried okra, you should! it's easy to make (it's a southern thing!) I want to go look around this town now, it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!