Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Restaurant Review: Blue Star Cafe & Pub

We don't get together often enough, so last weekend my sister and I organized brunch with our cousins at Blue Star Cafe & Pub.

We arrived at 11 a.m. and I was shocked to find out there was only a 15 minute wait. I hadn't been to Blue Star in years but it didn't seem like it had changed a bit; I really like the casual, social atmosphere. The huge, plastic, tri-fold menu is full of diner-style food including fresh ingredients and some healthy options. I ordered the Eggs Burrito with fruit on the side instead of potatoes.

Flour tortilla rolled around scrambled eggs, cheddar & jack cheese,
topped with cheddar, sour cream, onion & salsa - $9.75

There was really nothing special about my burrito, but it was tasty and filled me up. The fruit on the side also had a decent variety and was super fresh and yummy. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating about the fact that we wanted to sit for a while after we finished eating to chit chat. It was so great to catch up with my cousins and hear what was going on with everyone. Sometimes brunch and an extra cup of coffee is exactly what you need as a break from the hustle of everyday life.

Cousins! Sarah, Alyson, Erin and Mary.

4 comments :

  1. Brunch is probably my favorite meal ever. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My dad loves breakfast burritos - but I'm not a huge fan of eggs.

    This looks so yum though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delish! I hadly ever go out to brunch - but when I do I always say "why don't we do this more?!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, if I ever need to find a place in Seattle, I'm visiting your blog first ;).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!