Friday, May 4, 2012

Restaurant Review: Cuoco

Cuoco is a new-ish Tom Douglas Restaurant in South Lake Union that I've been wanting to try for a while now, so I was excited when my boss suggested taking our team there to celebrate Administrative Professionals' Day. However, I was a bit surprised when I read quite a few unfavorable Yelp reviews the day before our lunch, and after that I just wasn't sure what to expect. But a day out of the office is always fun, and I've never been one to say no to a free lunch!

I wished the weather was nicer because Cuoco has an adorable outdoor patio. The restaurant is in a refurbished warehouse so it has a lot of personality and cool textures inside like steel beams and exposed brick. As soon as we sat down I was super excited to see a cherry Italian soda on the menu, and I ordered one immediately.

We started with bread service for $3.
(Dahlia workshop house loaf with olives, olive oil, and rosemary lardo)

For my main course I chose Rigatoni - $15.
(hard wheat tube pasta, dried, house bolognese sauce, and parmigiano)

The food was absolutely delicious and we received very prompt and courteous service. Although I had read complaints online about smaller portion sizes, I felt like my lunch was huge and I could actually hardly finish it. But don't worry... I managed. I would definitely go back or recommend Cuoco to a friend. But then I am a sucker for Italian food!

1 comment :

  1. Yum! The food looks great and the atmosphere sounds like perfection.

    I read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a few years ago and I greatly enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!