Thursday, May 17, 2012

Restaurant Review: Clever Bottle

Cute sidewalk seating area for warmer weather
I am finally finding the time to re-connect with my friends after being entirely self-centered for the past six months. So last night a girlfriend and I met up for happy hour at Clever Bottle in Belltown. Not technically a "restaurant" it is essentially a wine bar with specialty drinks and small plate apps. The first thought I had was how incredible adorable the place is, with an intimate, casual atmosphere. There is a small beer selection, decent wine list, and an extensive assortment of fancy cocktails to choose from. I started with a glass of house white while I waited for my friend and then eventually chose a Huckleberry Basil Mojito which was delicious. (Happy Hour cocktails are $3 off).

The bar doesn't have a kitchen, just a small food prep area at the bar, so don't come here if you're starving. I wanted to try a little bit of everything so we got the Market Tour Plate which had a rustic baguette, cured meat selection, market cheese selection, marcona almonds and fireweed honey, all fresh from Pike Place Market. It was a really yummy light snack and the saltiness perfectly complimented our sweet drinks. When we first arrived there were only a couple other customers but by the time we left the bar was pretty packed and all the tables were filled.

Intimate tables

Unique eclectic decorating

I just loved the atmosphere


Quaint little touches like hand stamped monogram on the menus...

...And interesting table decorations

Yum, I just love a good mojito

Bread, cheese and meat, what could be better?

I was a little confused that this dog was just chillin' around the bar, but... okay
I would definitely go back to to Clever Bottle and I also think it would be a great place to have a small party or gathering. I love trying out new places and I'm so glad I found the time to catch up with my friend. And I almost forgot how much I love happy hour! Almost...

4 comments :

  1. I'm excited to check Clever Bottle out. I got a coupon/deal for it and need to make it down there. There are just too many fun, cute places in Seattle. I don't have time for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Clever Bottle! Did you try the chocolate goat cheese truffles? They are actually pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, no I didn't but I definitely will next time! I am such a sucker for truffle anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute place! love the dog, lol

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!