Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Book Review: Room

The February book club choice at my office was Room by Emma Donoghue. My mom recommended this book to me quite a while ago so I was pretty excited to read it, and from the first page I was not disappointed.

Room tells the story of a 5-year-old boy and his mother who have been kept captive in a small room since before he was born. The first part of the book deals with the relationship between mother and son and their ingenuous survival techniques, which lead to an escape plan and eventually integration back into the real word.

This book was extremely fascinating, and I couldn't put it down until turning the very last page. I loved reading it from a five-year-old's point of view; it made the ordeal seem more realistic and haunting. This one comes highly recommended by Sarah!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!