Monday, November 7, 2011

Buckley's Brunch

There are few things I enjoy as much as weekend brunch with friends. Even though breakfast food isn't my favorite I just love lounging out of bed, into comfy clothes, and across town to the latest and/or greatest brunch place. I can literally spend hours just hanging out drinking mimosas and Bloody Marys while eating delicious greasy food and reminiscing about the night before or just gossiping and catching up. It's the perfect way to start a lazy Sunday.

Buckley's on Queen Anne has long been one of my favorite go-to brunch places, ever since Stew used to live almost directly across the street. And I've often said that they have the best Bloody Marys in the city. They are HUGE and come with tons of shrimp and vegetables, as well as a beer back on the side. Plus they have an ever changing delicious menu that never fails to satisfy even the worst of hangovers.

I recently suggested meeting up for brunch with my friends Tara and Andrew, and we realized it had been far too long since the last time we'd experienced Buckley's, so we set a date. It was everything I dreamed it would be...

Tara and I ALWAYS start off brunch with delicious Bloody Marys.

This time I went with Black Bean Chilaquiles, a
a black bean & pepper jack scramble between crispy tortillas,
topped with tomatillo sauce.

Tara decided on an absolutely HUGE breakfast burrito with
fried potatoes on the side.

But Andrew really took the cake when he braved ordering the
Deep-Fried PB&J... he let me try a bite and it was exactly
as dreamy as you would imagine...
Seriously, brunch really is one of my all-time favorite things, so if you ever wake up some lazy weekend morning and you're looking for a buddy, think of me (and Stew)!

2 comments :

  1. Most people I know drink mimosas with their brunch. It's nice to know there are people like me who LOVE a good Bloody Mary!

    I haven't been to Buckley's for brunch in ages...now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't really like mimosas at all, but give me a Bloody Mary any day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!