Monday, October 24, 2011

Restaurant Review: Bastille

Even though I have lived in Seattle since early 2005, I somehow have never participated in Seattle Restaurant Week, although I've always been intrigued.

"Seattle Restaurant Week is a celebration of food that spreads across King County, inviting people to dine for a deal in nearly every Seattle and Eastside neighborhood. The dining celebration features 150 restaurants offering a three-course menu for $28; some also offering a three-course lunch for $15."

A restaurant in Ballard I have always wanted to try, Bastille Café & Bar, was participating in Restaurant Week, so my old college friend Cari and I took the opportunity to check it out.

It wasn't at all difficult to get a Monday night reservation for two, and we met up after work at the lovely French cafe and bar. We ordered some red wine while we perused the special Restaurant Week menu, which offered a three-course dinner for $28 featuring an appetizer, entrée and dessert (with at least three options under each course). We each chose a different salad for our appetizers, and although Cari's was good I thought mine was a little boring. For my second course I branched out and ordered a duck dish, while Cari went with a delicious seafood plate. Finally, for dessert we had some absolutely amazing hazelnut ice cream. The atmosphere and service were great, and the food was delicious, too. And in fact the regular menu prices were similar to the Restaurant Week deal (not too expensive, considering), so I would definitely go back again.

Butter Lettuces Salad w/ anchovy and gruyere croutons and
pommery mustard vinaigrette.
Duck Leg Confit w/ brown butter white bean puree,
brussels sprouts and piment d'espelette.
Hazelnut Ice Cream.
I'm so glad I finally got to experience Seattle Restaurant Week... Thanks to Cari for being my date!

2 comments :

  1. I had so much fun -- and loved Bastille! Let's plan something again soon. Maybe after the crazy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Yes, let's make sure not to forget or let life get in the way... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!