Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Review: The Thirteenth Tale

Well, last week I pulled another dusty book off myself in the continuation of my quest to read everything I already own before purchasing any new books. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield is probably one of the best books I've read all year! Why did I not discover this gem before now?!

It's a story within a story in which a dying author finally tells the incredible truth of her dysfunctional family after a lifetime of fabricating alternative histories. The biographer Margaret Lea is chosen by the author to complete this task, the recording of the missing "thirteenth tale." This amazing novel is filled with secrets, decades of family drama, ghosts, a governess, a fire, twins, and a lifelong search for the truth. I couldn't put it down from the first page. Diane Setterfield is an amazing author, I need to find out what else she has written immediately!

1 comment :

Talk to me, Goose!