Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Restaurant Review: Paseo

I mentioned in the previous post the amazing lunch we had with Matt and Alissa after we spent the afternoon on Lake Union. This is absolutely not an exaggeration: I had the best sandwich I've ever had in my entire life at Paseo.

People have been telling me for quite a while about this Caribbean restaurant in Fremont, but for some reason I had never made the effort to stop by. I had no idea what I was missing out on! Paseo is an adorable little hole in the wall, and when we arrived around 3:30 p.m. there was a huge line running out the door and down the sidewalk. While we waited in line I contemplated which of the delicious sandwiches to order. I went with the "original legendary sandwich" - Grilled Pork for $8.50 (cash only).

Best. Sandwich. Of. My. Life.

Cubed pork loin grilled over an open flame & basted w/ Paseo
marinade 'til golden brown, served on a lightly toasted baguette
slathered with aioli (seasoned mayo), fresh cilantro, pickled
jalapeños, crisp romaine lettuce & crowned with caramelized onions.

I cannot explain how delicious the pork was or how well the flavors of the other ingredients came together. Eating it without making a mess was impossible, but I was in such absolute heaven I didn't care in the least that half of the sandwich ended up on my face, hands, and on the table (don't worry, I ate those bits at the end). I had no idea a sandwich could be so perfectly delicious. I normally have no problem sharing half of my meal with Stewart, but I think this time when he asked for bite I may have actually snarled at him like a rabid dog. I have big plans to go back again soon and I want to systematically try everything on the menu. Although Stewart wasn't quite at my level of in love-ness, he really enjoyed his meal as well.

Seriously, if you haven't been to Paseo before please go immediately. You won't be disappointed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!