Friday, September 2, 2011

Restaurant Review: The Brooklyn

This afternoon my office manager took me and a couple other girls on our admin team out to lunch as a pre-holiday weekend treat. Since it was such a lovely day we chose The Brooklyn Seafood, Steak & Oyster House, which is at the base of our building and has a lovely little outdoor seating area. Although Stewart and I had gone there once for dinner on Valentine’s Day a couple years ago (and I remember the food was fantastic), I hadn’t been back since so I was really excited to try the lunch menu. I was not disappointed… the food was fantastic! 
 
Double R Ranch New York Steak Sandwich
with havarti cheese, sauteed red and green bell peppers, walla walla
caramelized sweet onions and chipotle aioli, served on an
essential baking company french baguette with garlic french fries – $14
 
Blackened Salmon BLT
served on a macrina bakery ciabatta roll with smokey bacon,
lemon caper aioli, tomato, walla walla sweet onion and romaine,
served with classic french fries – $13

The Brooklyn Crab Cake
served with gathered greens and fresh fruit,
finished with wasabi aioli and mango chili sauce – $12
The Brooklyn is directly across from the Seattle Symphony at Benaroya Hall and the Seattle Art Museum, and it’s within walking distance of the Pike Place Market and Seattle waterfront, so it’s a great place to bring out of town guests if you’re out and about exploring the city. Although I didn’t try it (I had the steak sandwich), they have fresh seafood delivered daily and the largest rotating selection of fresh oysters in Seattle. You can also get signature desserts and world-class microbrews and award-winning wines. I didn’t get to sample any of that since I was on the clock, but I did have a sweet refreshing strawberry lemonade to wash down my delicious sandwich.
The portion sizes were quite large which I think is unusual for this type of a restaurant, so it was nice to feel like we got a bang for our buck. I’d definitely like to go back soon and try some of the other menu items.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!