Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Restaurant Review: Matt's in the Market

Today at lunch I went out with a few people from my office to celebrate a co-workers birthday at a restaurant I had not been to or even heard of before, Matt’s in the Market.

Located on the third floor of the Corner Market Building, the restaurant is a fun little hideaway. We arrived just in time for our 12:15 reservation, which we were lucky to have made in advance because the restaurant was jam packed with tourists and local lunch-breakers. Our table had a fantastic view of the Market’s famous clock through gorgeous arched windows. We savored every bite of the delicious food and it was the perfect lunch outing to break up a very long and stressful day. At $15 - $25 per entrĂ©e your bill can add up quickly, but luckily my manger picked up the tab this time. My meal was absolutely FANTASTIC.

Don & Joe’s lamb burger with goat cheese, bacon, herb aioli
and onion jam on brioche with a garbanzo bean-sultana salad
Being right in Pike Place Market means the restaurant has tons of fresh food right at its fingertips, and each day the chef creates a menu based on the best ingredients the market has to offer that day. I would definitely recommend Matt's in the Market to anyone working or visiting downtown, but call to make a reservation first!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!