Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Port Bair

Since I've been on maternity leave, Stew and I have been trying to plan some special trips and visits with some of our favorite people. Recently, we were able to head over to my aunt and uncle's in Port Townsend for a beautiful couple of days at their beach house. 


Their beautiful home, "Port Bair," overlooks the Puget Sound, and we were lucky enough to get an absolutely gorgeous stretch of weather during our visit. Each day we took the funicular (a specialized tram on cables) down the steep hillside to their private stretch of beach. 




Ryder was in heaven throwing rocks, chasing crabs, digging, and looking for treasures.



I absolutely love beach walking, so I was content to wear Kiley in the front pack and walk for miles up and down the beach.




Ryder also had so much fun playing on the patio with Auntie Elaine.



Sitting on the patio is literally like being away on a tropical vacation. We enjoyed a delicious dinner of homemade wood fired pizza and cocktails as we watched an absolutely breathtaking sunset.



Ryder helped Uncle Mike with the pizza dough.

We finally popping the cork on the bottle of champagne that Mike and Elaine gave us back in 2010 for our engagement! I'd say it was about time...

One of our favorite parts of traveling to Port Townsend is the ferry ride!

Sometimes it's so nice to get out of town, even if it's just for a short visit. The kids had a blast, and Stew and I got to relax and get away from the day-to-day chores that always seem to consume us.

Many thanks to my aunt and uncle for their generous hospitality. 

We'll be back again soon!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!