Thursday, October 30, 2014

Seattle Restaurant Week -- The Georgian

It's been a while since I last posted about food.
 
I just mentioned that Stew and I aren't usually into fancy expensive restaurants, but that doesn't in any way mean I don't enjoy quality food... I just don't want to spend an entire day's pay on it.
 
So Seattle Restaurant Week is right up my alley!
 
This fall, for 10 days, more than 170 local restaurants have been serving up two-course lunches for $15 and three-course dinners for just $30... sign me up for that!!

 
Last week my co-workers and I took advantage of a long lunch and walked up to The Georgian, just a few blocks from our office, for a Seattle Restaurant Week treat. 

The Georgian, located inside the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, is a AAA 4 Diamond restaurant featuring French-inspired Northwest cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson.
 Fancy! 

LUNCH -- 3 COURSES FOR $15
We started off with delicious, soft bread infused with sun dried tomatoes.
This stuff was absolutely amazing!
 

APPETIZERS
1 // Butter Lettuce - Pickled Radish, Speck Ham Crisp
2 // Arrowhead Spinach Salad - Hummus, Chevre Crouton, Pita Chips
3 // Celeriac Bisque - Crisp Kale, Truffle Crème Fraiche

I had the Butter Lettuce and it was really yummy, I think because of the goat cheese on top. But I wasn't a huge fan of the twisty bread thingy, which I thought tasted kind of stale.
 

ENTREES
1 // Cascade Mountain Foraged Wild Mushrooms and Syrah Risotto - Pecornio Freco
2 // Ruby Red Clear Springs Idaho Rainbow Trout - Haricot Verts, Chanterelle, Preserved Lemon, Black Salt Whipped Potato
3 // Certified Black Angus Beef Burger - Brioche Bun, Pickled Goat Horn Pepper, Beecher's Cheddar Cheese, Duck Fries 

 I was pretty hungry that day, so I immediately gravitated toward the burger, and was not disappointed. I've come to learn that Beecher's cheese makes everything better, and in case you're wondering what duck fries are (because I was), they are thick, hand cut fries cooked in duck fat. They were delicious. And the burger... oh em gee. It's right up there with some of the best burgers I've ever had in my life, and I would go back any time and pay full price for a repeat.
 

DESSERTS
1 // Hazelnut Pumpkin Ice Cream - Cardamom Pomegranate Molasses
2 // Columbia Chocolate and Caramel Verrine - Churro
Not Pictured // Selection of Housemade Seasonal Sorbets
It was a tough choice, but I went with the chocolate and caramel dessert. Mainly because I'm not really a fan of pumpkin (and I also don't think humans should consume foods meant for cows). I wasn't disappointed! Some people would probably think this dessert is too rich, but I've had quite a sweet tooth these days, and I loved it!
 
 
And then I rolled myself back down the street to the office.
 
Seriously, I was absolutely stuffed! Even though the portions weren't huge, the richness of all the courses totally filled me up and I left fat and happy, with a few dollars left in my pocket.
 
Seattle Restaurant Week comes around twice a year -- Don't miss it!

post signature

4 comments :

  1. That sun dried tomato bread looks amazing and so does everything else. We're drooling right now.

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic! I still have plans to go back there for another one of those burgers... yum!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Georgian Room and have had the burger a couple times and it is delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious! I wish we lived closer to Seattle - you can't beat those prices!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!