Sunday, March 2, 2014

I can see, it's a miracle!

Well, not really a miracle.

Basically I finally decided to get my lazy butt in gear and order myself some glasses.


I think it was around the time I turned 30 that I realized my eyesight was starting to go downhill. I first noticed it in the car, when other people would spot exit signs about 30 seconds before they were even remotely legible to me. Then I started to struggle with reading route numbers as the bus approached... anything more than a quarter block away was too hard for me to make out. And finally, my husband started to make fun of me for watching the "regular" TV channels instead of the HD ones. My response? I couldn't tell the difference...

About a year ago I found a pair of glasses at my mom's house that seemed to make things a little clearer, but they looked terrible on me and I knew the prescription wasn't quite right. So I finally made a visit to the eye doctor, who confirmed that in my old age I had, sadly, lost my once perfect 20/20 vision. You win some, you lose some.

So there I was, prescription in hand, never having worn glasses in my life, with absolutely no idea how to go about purchasing eyeglasses.

I know that glasses frames can be fairly expensive, but I didn't want to go with cheap eyeglasses that weren't all that cute just because of the expense. Unclear how to proceed, I hit the interwebs for advice.

One of the first sites to come up was Glasses USA. Ah ha! I realized that I could probably buy glasses online without all the trouble of wandering into multiple stores and dealing with pushy sales people (which tends to overwhelm me). And Glasses USA seemed to have a plethora of discount glasses, all within what I considered to be a reasonable price range. I was loving this idea...

The best thing about Glasses USA is their Virtual Mirror tool. Basically you just choose your gender, upload a photo of yourself, and then click through the different styles of eyeglasses that you want to "try on." I tested out lots of different styles and ultimately ended up liking these "Alicia Black" frames.
Screen shot of the Virtual Mirror tool in action.
After that, the ordering process was really easy. I just entered in my prescription online, proceeded through the payment page, and in about a week and a half my brand new glasses arrived on my doorstep.

And I could finally see!!

I've been wearing my glasses nonstop ever since, and it's like living in a brand new, high definition world. I had no idea what I was missing!

Use the tool below to play around with trying on virtual glasses yourself... it's lots of fun.
 
 
Glasses USA offers fashionable high quality frames and lenses, with a 110% lowest price guarantee and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They also have a generous refer-a-friend program (you can get $30 for each first purchase a referred friend makes, and use the $30 towards your next pair of glasses). Also check out the Facebook page and Twitter feed for exclusive discounts for fans.

The most current discount codes can be found in the Sales and Promotions section, and you can get 10% taken off any order by using the code Blog10.
 
post signature
 
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Glasses USA for this review, but all opinions are my own.

13 comments :

  1. You look great girl. :D

    Would love for you to come join http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html and send your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had my eyes checked in nearly 10 years...that is a problem. I have been meaning to make an appointment but as my employment has changed every year its been a challenge. But this might totally help! I love that you don't have to deal with pushy salespeople!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool about the virtual mirror! They look great!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your glasses are super cute!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate, hate, hate picking out new glasses. I have to try on every single pair about a millions times and I stress for hours about picking the right pair. I think the Virtual Mirror tool is the thing for me! The pair you picked looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those frames are super cute! I've been wearing glasses since the second grade, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. But I also wear contacts, which all gets pretty pricy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glasses and the concept of trying them on virtually before buying :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, is it bad I've kinda always sorta wanted glasses? I have 20/20 vision but I swear I feel like I'm losing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you can see and the process of getting a pair was easy and fun! But be sure to selectively turn them off when your kid gets into trouble, like drawing on the walls or peeing on the floor :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great in those! I need new glasses damnit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just went to the eye doctor yesterday and my prescription completely changed, in one eye. A much more expensive trip than I had planned, but I'm kind of excited for new glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the glasses! I've been nearly blind since like the third grade, so I'm a little jealous you had some good eyesight longer than I ever did! If I don't have glasses on or contacts in, you can bet I can't see anything but a blur of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man I was so sad the day I realized I needed glasses, it was when Lance got glasses and joking around I put them on and my reaction was something along the lines of "WOAH... I can see that sign! It's like life in HD... shit, I need glasses"

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!