Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Italian Cheating

We've been lucky enough to get some really awesome neighbors, and often times you can find us hanging out in the driveway or on the front porch of one of our houses, chit chatting it up. Sometimes we're complaining about the general contractor, other times reminiscing about the good ol' days before we lived in suburbia and got old. But most often we're trying to arrange a time to hang out somewhere other than on the sidewalk in between our houses. And almost every single one of these discussions usually ends up being about Brunello Ristorante Italiano. Dave and Heather (the neighbors) say they literally go there about once a week; it's that good. And since it's right on the Ridge up the street from our house, it's really quite baffling that we haven't all gone there together yet. But if you're a regular reader of this blog, you know how busy we've been...
 
Aaaaaaaaaaanyway...
 
I feel really bad about this, but last week we totally cheated on the neighbors. It wasn't intentional. Really. It's just that I had plans to have dinner with my dear friend Amanda, we decided that we'd invite the boys to come along, I remembered this $15 off coupon I had for Brunello... and the entire thing just took on a life of it's own. And before I knew it we were sitting at the restaurant sipping delicious red wine and oohing and ahhing over the incredible fresh bread and fantastic atmosphere.
 
So sorry, Neighbors... I hope you don't find out we cheated on you by losing our Brunello virginity with someone else. When we all go together we'll pretend we haven't been there before, promise. But seriously...
 
Best.Italian.I've.Ever.Had.In.My.Whole.Life.
 
No wonder they go there once a week! The restaurant is freaking adorable with a patio out front and intimate little tables inside. The owner and the servers were incredibly happy and personable. And the food... the food. It's possible I was freaking out because I hadn't had a lot of "real" food since the cleanse, but I think this was something more. Trust me, I've been to Italy, and this was hands down the best Italian I've had since then.
 
Stew searches the world far and wide for the perfect Spaghetti Carbonara, and he thinks he's found it at Brunello... Conveniently just a few minutes from home! And my Lobster Ravioli was the most flavorful, delicious thing I've had in a looooooong time. Seriously, my mouth just filled with saliva thinking about it. And Amanda and Kevin were equally pleased with their dishes.
 

 
I'm already thinking about the next time I can go back, and how many meals I'm willing to skip each week to account for all these delicious extra calories. Trust me, it's worth it.

9 comments :

  1. When I was staying in my townhouse (now renting it because we took over the in law's condo when they moved back to Alaska).. we would have "Driveway Night" on Thursdays-- we would all BBQ, listen to music, laugh/joke, and drink some cocktails. I loved it and miss it badly. Good times!
    PS- I'M TELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the neighbors) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! And my dear from is Italian and works for Olive Garden.. (their food isn't the best in my opinion only) but she makes the BEST Cabonara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italian food! So bad for me but love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had breakfast yet and this is making me even hungrier! Mmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you say that, because I think leftover Italian food is absolutely perfect for breakfast! :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gawsssssh! That lobster ravioli looks gooooooood! You have me craving for some Italian food and it is already 11:21pm on my side of the world right now. Looks like I will have to dream about this yumminess tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love italian food, the pictures looks so good, im craving for it right now!

    Delightful Ideas
    No Bake Cake Pops Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is added to our list of places to try! If you need another good suggestion try La Rustica in west Seattle. Amazing food perfect for a romantic dinner date (and a good excuse to explore Alki beach at sunset)

    You look amazing after that cleanse too! I am curious, is there anywhere I can find the do and don't eat foods without doing the advocate part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thank you for the suggestion! We really don't get over to West Seattle often enough, and it's so pretty over there.

      For the Advocare cleanse, this link will take you to a page that outlines the foods that are allowed, as well as some suggested recipes... good luck!

      Delete

Talk to me, Goose!